in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-10-2009 3:26 PM by Nickyg63. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-10-2009 1:42 PM

Problem with stb controller on my avant

Hi guys I have an avant dvd in my living room, a beovision 1 in my bedroom. Both are masterlinked together with my hi-fi.  Yesterday I was watching sky on the avant and decided to watch it in bed, I switched on the beovision 1 and then went back downstairs to turn off the avant. When I returned upstairs the  sky was displaying "no signal is being received" I went downstairs and turned on the avant. The sky picture came back on, on both sets I then turned off the avant and the same thing happened so I had to watch 24 with both tv's on.  Now when I came home tonight, after thinking about it all day (I thought maybe the co-ax feed into the sky box was loose and the stand movement was pulling the cable).  I tightened the coax feed and now on both sets "no signal is being received", I unplugged the sky and the avant and left them for a minute. Still the same!  Any Ideas???

Thanks Nick 

• 02-10-2009 1:43 PM In reply to

Re: Problem with stb controller on my avant

The dvd works fine upstairs!!

• 02-10-2009 2:30 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

Nick. Make sure both ends of the Scart between the Sky box and the Avant are shoved home securely, especially the Avant end, they work lose easily but look fine.

Andy T.

Poor me, never win owt!

• 02-10-2009 3:26 PM In reply to

Thanks for the reply it seems that its a problem with sky!  I think that the avant when it moves on the stand may have pulled the skybox aerial lead!

Whoops!

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)