in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 05-30-2009 5:41 AM by Gerd. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-29-2009 5:14 PM

Make your own hdmi-dvi cable

A friend of mine wants to connect his BM5 with his BV7. He needs to run a cable in a hidden wall, but the connectors are too wide. His dealer recommended a convertor, sender and receiver (Gefen) who can send hdmi signals over CAT6, but he wants to avoid this solution.

Now I found a company who sells hdmi-cable on reel, and also seperate connectors that needs to be soldered. Question is, does it work and is it stable enough? Or can I cut a cable, and solder it later? The distance is about 8 meters.

• 05-29-2009 6:42 PM In reply to

Re: Make your own hdmi-dvi cable

He should convert DVI to VGA at the back of the unit with a little adaptor (around $10 on Amazon) and then run a VGA. If the connectors are too big he should use the CAT-V w/baluns as provided by Intellix or Gefen. They're rock solid and any attempt to "make" a multi-conductor video cable is a bag of hurt.

There is scarcely anything in this world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey. - John Ruskin

• 05-30-2009 5:41 AM In reply to

• Gerd
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-20-2007
    • Germany
    • Posts 523
    • Bronze Member

Re: Make your own hdmi-dvi cable

If you really want to DIY you should check the pdf below

http://www.radiostore.de/beratung/attachments/85/HDMI_Loeten.pdf

Good luck!

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)