in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 12-12-2008 5:39 PM by joeyboygolf. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-11-2008 7:05 PM

• d0n
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 12-12-2008
    • Posts 2
    • Bronze Member

Help with beosystem 2500 automatic doors

I recently bought a nice beosystem 2500. It was made in 1991. I paid $185 USD but the 3 ended power cord was missing. I had to get the cord from B&O in NYC. They charged me almost $70 USD for a freakin power cord. Embarrassed

Everything works great except the doors don't open all the time. I'll wave my hand in front of the doors over and over but they only open once in a while.

I will say that when they do open, they open smoothly and quickly. After a short amount of time they close automatically and the lights dim. They close properly every time.

Can anyone tell me exactly where the sensor is so maybe I can clean it?

Is there any other way to open the doors besides the motion sensing detector? Like maybe a button on the 1000 remote? I didn't see such a button though. Is it ok to force them open by hand?

Is this a common problem with the 2500 doors and is there an easy solution?

Thank you folks!

-Don

• 12-12-2008 3:05 AM In reply to

Re: Help with beosystem 2500 automatic doors

Why did you need a 3 ended power chord!!!!!?????

The sensors are behind the black panels behind the glass doors, If your glass doors or the black panels are dirty then the door opening couls be a problem.

There is no other way to open the doors other than forcing them by hand which is not recommended. I suggest that you remove the doors and clean them. While the doors are off you can test the opening sensors, which should be more sensitive with the glass removed.

Regards Graham

• 12-12-2008 5:05 PM In reply to

• d0n
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 12-12-2008
    • Posts 2
    • Bronze Member

The power cord has 3 ends on it. 1 goes to the receiver and the other 2 go to each speaker.

I don't have a manual with this.Can you give me a general idea of how to remove the door glass?

thanks

• 12-12-2008 5:39 PM In reply to

Unplug from the mains power. Lay the unit on it's back. Now lift the outer long edge of one door. It will appear to hinge about the inner long edge and unclip from it's fixing.

Repeat with the other door.

B&O do a short cable set for connecting the speakers and the main unit together resulting in only one power lead. Your dealer should have ordered this instead of the triple thing. Still no matter now.

Regards Graham

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)