in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 12-07-2008 7:26 AM by koning. 14 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (15 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-06-2008 4:10 PM

B&O needs to re-position themselves in the market with a fabulous flagship product. What should it be?

I'll go for Beosound 9000 looks, Blu Ray/DVD/CD drive, Hard Drive to store audio (perhaps external if it would spoil the slim lines of the BS9000), DAB/FM Radio, Touchscreen interface displaying album covers/Information with DVI output for external monitor display.

• 12-06-2008 4:22 PM In reply to

Re: B&O needs to re-position themselves in the market with a fabulous flagship product. What should it be?

More radical looks. I would have a flat table like structure with the bottom third aluminium and the top two thirds a screen which would be black whilst off. When activated, there would be a projected key pad on the aluminium which would be touch sensitive and thus keep finger marks off the screen. The projection would change with different functions. With translucent aluminium, the projection could be from underneath. It would have a disc drive but essentially would be able to store both audio and video sources and transmit them to the rest of the house. Wireless technology would be a plus. It has to look good both on and off but when lit up, must take your breath away.
  • 12-06-2008 4:28 PM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Nr. Durham, NE England.
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

Re: B&O needs to re-position themselves in the market with a fabulous flagship product. What should it be?

Peter :
    More radical looks. I would have a flat table like structure with the bottom third aluminium and the top two thirds a screen which would be black whilst off. When activated, there would be a projected key pad on the aluminium which would be touch sensitive and thus keep finger marks off the screen. The projection would change with different functions. With translucent aluminium, the projection could be from underneath. It would have a disc drive but essentially would be able to store both audio and video sources and transmit them to the rest of the house. Wireless technology would be a plus. It has to look good both on and off but when lit up, must take your breath away.

I'd (rob a bank and) buy oneYes -  thumbs up - (didn't microsoft do a coffee table media centre)???

Generally speaking, you aren't learning much if your lips are moving.

• 12-06-2008 4:33 PM In reply to

Microsoft Surface:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zxk_WywMTzc 

• 12-06-2008 4:39 PM In reply to

I'll go for a mix Beosound 5 that has an integrated BluRay/DVD/CD and FM and DAB radio.

It should be able to rip CDs without a computer, and the Beomaster 5 should double as a video recorder.

Of course it should come with a 2 way remote! 

• 12-06-2008 5:15 PM In reply to

KingOfSnake:

I'll go for Beosound 9000 looks, Blu Ray/DVD/CD drive, Hard Drive to store audio (perhaps external if it would spoil the slim lines of the BS9000), DAB/FM Radio, Touchscreen interface displaying album covers/Information with DVI output for external monitor display.

Spot on!  Give me a Beosound 9000 that will play DVDs and Blu-Ray discs with a decent network storage interface and output to a TV panel for menus/album artwork/videos.  Oh yes, and make it white with blue LEDs (sorry, only kidding about the blue lights!) Laughing

Otherwise, I'll settle for something big and bold to match the Beolab 5 - is it just me, or does anyone else get that visual "thrill" from the 'Lab 5 that can only come from a subliminal childhood fear of Darleks? Unsure

Steve.

Sounds Heavenly Cables are proud to be a sponsor of the BeoWorld Forum!

• 12-06-2008 5:51 PM In reply to

Steve at Sounds Heavenly:
    KingOfSnake:

Spot on!  Give me a Beosound 9000 that will play DVDs and Blu-Ray discs with a decent network storage interface and output to a TV panel for menus/album artwork/videos.  Oh yes, and make it white with blue LEDs (sorry, only kidding about the blue lights!) Laughing

Otherwise, I'll settle for something big and bold to match the Beolab 5 - is it just me, or does anyone else get that visual "thrill" from the 'Lab 5 that can only come from a subliminal childhood fear of Darleks? Unsure

Steve.

Add a couple of digital IN connections to that unit, and I'm sold.

• 12-06-2008 6:02 PM In reply to

A sex robot.

(That supports FLAC) 

There is scarcely anything in this world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey. - John Ruskin

• 12-07-2008 2:09 AM In reply to

They've repositioned themselves with a new stand for the BV-8, apparently. Big Smile

• 12-07-2008 2:49 AM In reply to

• darren
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-28-2007
    • Netherlands
    • Posts 164
    • Bronze Member

• 12-07-2008 6:16 AM In reply to

Moving this on - I quite liked Peters suggestion too - I don't mind paying premium prices for premium goods and innovative design, but apart from a few speakers (3,5,9) and possibly the BV5/BV7-40 MK3 nothing much has really impressed from the recent crop of products.
  • 12-07-2008 7:26 AM In reply to

TripEnglish:

A sex robot.

I take two!LaughingEmbarrassed

(That supports FLAC) 

• 12-07-2008 9:51 AM In reply to

Seriously, though. Since the bulk of our R&D budget seems to be going to colors and stands, maybe we can develop a floor stand for the BeoSound 3. Or an orange wall hook. Are you listening Struer!?

There is scarcely anything in this world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey. - John Ruskin

• 12-07-2008 12:33 PM In reply to

What would be the mean reason for B&O for not using FLAC.????
  • 12-07-2008 1:38 PM In reply to

koning:
    What would be the mean reason for B&O for not using FLAC.????

Same as for Apple. It's not a standardized format, the source code is not certified and one could risk that by using it, you would suddenly be hit with a major lawsuit from someone who claims you have misappropriated their code ...

Page 1 of 1 (15 items)