in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 03-08-2009 11:43 AM by Peter. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-07-2009 7:09 PM

How to ship a Beogram 8000.

Hi all,

Gotten great help from you guys before. I wonder if anyone can tell how to best ship a Beogram 8000? One should remove the platter and the black one underneath and wrap these aside... Anything else to think of? The pickup should probably be removed aswell and sent seperatly, or perhaps this isn't needed?

Hope someone can tell how to do this. Just want to make I get in one piece.

Cheers

Mattias

Filed under:
  • 03-07-2009 7:59 PM In reply to

Re: How to ship a Beogram 8000.

Mattias

WHATEVER YOU DO - TAKE THE PICKUP OFF THE TONEARM BEFORE SHIPPING!

Apologies for the caps, but I left a MMC2 on the tonearm of a BG8002 before shipping it with transport screws engaged, in its original packaging, minus the platter, and the MMC2 got trashed in transit. Take your pickup off and package separately :)

President, Beomaster 8000 Appreciation Society

• 03-08-2009 7:44 AM In reply to

The best way is obviously using the original packaging. However this is rare. I would remove the cartridge though this is risky as the pins in the MMC2 etc can loosen. However tha sylus is very delicate and I favour removing it. Do use the transit screws and tape the top platter to the bottom of the unit, underneath. I would not remove the sub platter but would tape it securely. I would place some foam under the arms and tape them down as well. The other problem you have is that the platter surround and arm lid can come loose. Tape them! If at all possible, arrange for pick up with any Beogram. If not, lots of packing including inbetween the platter surround and the lid and double box. Then keep your fingers crossed!

• 03-08-2009 8:24 AM In reply to

Thanks for both answers! Found the player in Germany, pickup not possible. Will forward these tips to  the guy sending it.

How do I locate the holes for the transit screws?

Mattias

• 03-08-2009 11:43 AM In reply to

The transport screws are under the platter and are obvious when the top platter is removed. There are even instructions I seem to remember!

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)