in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 07-01-2008 6:55 PM by symmes. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-01-2008 4:44 PM

Beosound 3200 and Beosound 4 information

Dear All,

I am contemplating the purchase of either a Beosound 3200 or Beosound 4 and have some questions regarding both systems.

The Beosound 3200 has a built-in hard disk capable of storing 396 Cds, I would like to know the storage capacity size of the hard disk ? the format these files are stored in and if they are compressed and at what compression rate ?

Similarly the Beosound 4 has a card slot capable of storing music on SD cards again what format are these files stored in are they compressed and at what compression rate ?

I would be grateful to the members at Beoworld for their advice, opinions and own experiences with these systems.

Many thanks in advance for your advice.

Kind regards, Matt Stringer

• 07-01-2008 6:55 PM In reply to

• symmes
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-21-2007
    • Freedonia
    • Posts 290
    • Bronze Member

Re: Beosound 3200 and Beosound 4 information

I won't speak to the 3200, but the BeoSound 4 allows you to rip your CD's to computer at the rate you choose, then copy to the SD card.  I use CDex to process, the LAME encoder setting, at 192 compression.  I am very pleased with that result, and you can manage how the track information is displayed based upon what settings you use on CDex.  You have many options to format the way you please, but I get 18-20 CD's on one 2g card.  And all your music is available for NMUSIC if you attach a BeoPort.  This is my favorite setup.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)