in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 04-13-2008 3:54 AM by beolife. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-12-2008 9:10 AM

• andy
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-18-2007
    • weston-super(!)-mare
    • Posts 123
    • Founder

Avant-Freeview question

hello beopeeps

i have an VCR Avant RF, now i dont use use the VCR anymore, so i was thinking..........

if i recall the VCR is still connected via scart in the back of the TV, so, what would happen, if after plugging a freeview ( dvd-recorder) into this scart...i then press VIDEO on the remote..what would happen....would it just switch the TV to video mode so that any input on the scart would be displayed on the TV and in any link room ??

also, while i am here..i have a DVD Beocenter 2 and i also have a beogram 1800 and a beogram 6500......which would be best.?..i am guessing the 1800 because the 2 has phono inputs and dosent want/need a RIAA..or am i wrong...!

regards andy

• 04-12-2008 6:11 PM In reply to

Re: Avant-Freeview question

The 6500 will be the one to use with the BC2 as it has an RIAA built in. You will need an adapting lead.

I am not convinced that your plan with the Avant will work - though you might be able to re-assign the socket in the menu.  

• 04-13-2008 3:54 AM In reply to

Re: Avant-Freeview question

Hi Andy

If you go into the service menu - setup 00 go then go to the chassis menu and change VCR to none, you will then be able to assign a name to the input in the connections menu and plug in another source to the scart.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)