in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-26-2008 3:55 PM by philippebouquet. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-25-2008 5:34 PM

beolink 7000 and AV9000 system

good evening,

I just purchased a beolink 7000 to operate my AV 9000.

the one way (command) operation works fine but the 2 way (ie feedback from the AV9000) does not:

It does work fine for all video sources or when an audio source is selected from the MPAV 9000 but, when an audio source is selected from stand by with the remote, the only display I get is the source (no volume or action), a message "no contact" appeas briefly in the blue window in this case.

I have tried different settings of the AV9000 (V.opt on 1 or 2) and on the remote (sound on 1 or 2 and video on 1 or 2) with no success:

Can someone help?

thank you

• 02-25-2008 5:47 PM In reply to

Re: beolink 7000 and AV9000 system

Have you reset the Beolink 7000 by removing and adding all the sources? Which model of AV9000 is it?
  • 02-26-2008 8:07 AM In reply to

Yes, I did.

I also changed the audio and video setting on both the remote and AV9000 with no success.

Maybe I should rephrase the symptoms (which are clearer after more tries):

1) When I use the remote for Video sources everything is fine : commands work and display (the top red line) on the remote is complete (ie for instance TV 3 V 20 when listening to TV channel 3 at a volume of 20)

from there if I switch to an audio source (with the remote or the MPAV) or if I use the remote to start an audio source, the red display shows only the source (for instance radio)

2) When I use the  MPAV , with the remote in stand by ( ie everything out except for display of the time): everything works fine ( command and display ie the remote display comes to life and  displays source , action and volume)

from there if I change the source to an audio source with the MPAV the display on the remote changes accordingly 

As soon as I turn the remote on while playing an audio source the display changes to show only the source for instance radio

If I do the same thing ( turning the remote on)while playing a video source nothing changes ( the display still shows source, action and volume) !!!!!!!

as far as type go :

the Master pannel is an MPAV 9000 type 2621 SW 1.1

the TV is a beovision 9000 type 4301 mdt

The control center is type 4730 SW 1.1

I hope this will help you to help me

Thanks in advance

philippe

• 02-26-2008 12:50 PM In reply to

The BL7000 is defect, the "no contact" problem is a common fault...

• 02-26-2008 1:44 PM In reply to

Possible, but why does it work with the video? Have you set the options correctly? On a BL1000, Sound 0 Store, Picture 2 Store
  • 02-26-2008 3:55 PM In reply to

This I did not do : according to my documentation sound 0 removes the function of the remote for this product (ie audio source) is this correct .I tried the 4 combinaison of sound and video 1 and 2 : the remote worked only with video 2 and I could see no change for sound 1 or 2.

Then I went to a friend who has a beocenter 9500 to try and see: after "registering" the source ( cd, tape, radio) on the remote  the remote worked perfectly both ways ( I then realised that my blue display was not operating correctly with audio source before: the display was the one for CD with no change when you switch to other audio source, now there is a specific blue display for each audio source (list of station for radio, FF FR stop for CD etc...)).

The most surprising thing is that , when I got home , without registering any produtcs again the remote worked perfectly in a 2 way mode with my AV9000 system for both Video and audio systems. Why ....I really do not know but it does work so I think I will not change anything for a while.

The timer function even works now although it seems that I need to get closer to the TV magic eye to do the programming (if i don't I get a "program failed" message) then I put the remote back on it's table and everything works: another mystery I guess!!!!!

thank you to both of you for your support anyway and I hope my experience will be of anyhelp to others, who knows

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)