in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-24-2008 8:01 AM by Craig. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-23-2008 5:02 PM

Connecting B&O equipment

Forgive me but I'm new to this forum. I've just acquired a Beocenter 4000 and a Beogram 3500 and want to connect them. From what I can see I need a 7 din female connector with a phono outlet (red & white) connector outlet  Can anyone advise me where / how I can get this connector.

Peter C

• 02-23-2008 6:02 PM In reply to

Re: Connecting B&O equipment

Actually not a great combination as the 3500 has an RIAA built in as does the 4000. You will need to use the Aux input. You can unscrew the 2 extra pins and use a 5 pin to RCA lead. You also need an earth lead from the casing of the Beogram DIN plug to the earth on the 4000.
  • 02-24-2008 1:23 AM In reply to

I met the OP yesterday when he bought an MS6000 from me so I know he has a CD3500, not a record deck. He is from your part of the world Peter (Durham) so can you point him to a local supplier of a female din/rca adapter.

Hello Peter C and welcome to the forum. Hope you had a better trip back!!

Regards Graham

• 02-24-2008 2:47 AM In reply to

• 02-24-2008 5:26 AM In reply to

Graham,

Yes that seem's to be what I need. Bought it and await it's arrival with great anticipation.

You're a star. Thanks a million

Peter C. 

• 02-24-2008 6:06 AM In reply to

That would seem to be a well matching selection. The 4000 is a most interesting device as it is the only double cassette B&O marketed. Extremely pleasing design and matches the 3500 well. A friend of mine had one with a CDX and Redline speakers. Sounded really quite impressive though a little bass heavy for my liking due to the built in loudness. Don't see that many around these days. The user manual is on site.
  • 02-24-2008 8:01 AM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

Peter :
    That would seem to be a well matching selection. The 4000 is a most interesting device as it is the only double cassette B&O marketed. Extremely pleasing design and matches the 3500 well. A friend of mine had one with a CDX and Redline speakers. Sounded really quite impressive though a little bass heavy for my liking due to the built in loudness. Don't see that many around these days. The user manual is on site.

My Parents have a Beocenter 4000 with a pair of Beovox C75's, I quite like the sound and the looks. Never really had a play with all the dubbing features of the twin cassettes though. They also have a Beogram 9000 connected to it.

CraigSmile

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen..

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)