in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 12-25-2007 7:56 AM by Gerd. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-25-2007 6:53 AM

• Rolf
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-21-2007
    • Stockholm, Sweden
    • Posts 63
    • Founder

"Auto" speaker selection on a BeoVision 9 and linked TV signals

Happy Christmas to you all!

I have just received my new BeoVision 9 and have moved my previous favourite TV (BeoVision 5) to my bedroom. The picture quality is great and mainly the size of the new screen even puts the BV5 to shame. However there is one function that was available on the BV5 that I miss and I hope that it is only a matter of configuration.

On the BV5 when selecting a source STB, DVD etc that has a DD5.1 or DTS format, the BV5 automatically activated the setting Speaker 4/5 in order to get the full surround sound. This is currently not working on my BV9 and I have to manually select the correct Speaker setting. Is there any way to get the BV9/BS3 to auto select as on the BV5 ? This could naturally also be programed on the Beo5 but it seems odd that this feature is not a default option.

I also have a problem getting the BV5 in the bedroom to get TV signals (pressing TV) it picks up both the DVD and STB video sources but not the analogue TV channels (I have cableTV). I have not purchased the RF amplifier unit but surely this should not be needed ?

Kind regards Rolf

• 12-25-2007 7:56 AM In reply to

• Gerd
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-20-2007
    • Germany
    • Posts 523
    • Bronze Member

Re: "Auto" speaker selection on a BeoVision 9 and linked TV signals

On the BV5 when selecting a source STB, DVD etc that has a DD5.1 or DTS format, the
    BV5 automatically activated the setting Speaker 4/5 in order to get the full surround sound.

So does the BV9. There must be something wrong in your setup/cabling!

I also have a problem getting the BV5 in the bedroom to get TV signals (pressing TV) it picks
    up both the DVD and STB video sources but not the analogue TV channels (I have cableTV).
    I have not purchased the RF amplifier unit but surely this should not be needed ?

You will need the RF amplifier in order to have aerial signals in your link room! In new Beovisions
    the system modulator is distributing only internal signals, not signals from cable network.

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)