in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-30-2007 11:57 AM by hagan. 12 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-15-2007 9:21 AM

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

Good DVD player for BeoVision?

Hi all! I need to be pointed in the right direction here as i have had a look and all i can find is upscale this and component that.

I am looking for a DVD player to exploit the full potential of the BV3-32 when watching movies. I found a few decent units (from Denon, Marantz, NAD etc), but none have scart-RGB outputs. It is also mentioned that all three of these offereings have a warmer sound, where i think a brighter sound is what is needed to achieve more of a neutral sound when it will be coupled with BL4000's and BSnd4.

Anyone that could advise?  

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.”

Your health and well-being comes first and fore-most.

• 11-15-2007 9:45 AM In reply to

Re: Good DVD player for BeoVision?

so a DVD1 or 2 ;-) is neither an option nor sufficient ?
    Leon: Beoworld's First "First Prize" winner. "Carpe Diem et Dolce Far Niente"
  • 11-15-2007 9:56 AM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

I've considered this but I'm not too sure about handing over $700 for a second hand DVD1, and the DVD2 is a joke. I don't really mind about aesthetics because it will be hidden away.

I just found a nice one, a Denon DVD1930...

• 11-15-2007 10:58 AM In reply to

Hi David, I have a BV3-32 too and recently bought a KISS DP1600 to replace my dead -& cheap- DVD-VCR combo.

I have no regrets, because the design is quite close to B&O's in terms of shape & colours, and I wanted it to control my hard-drive to playback photos, movies & music. The Kiss player has one USB input for that, as well as a network connection (for tens of thousands of netradio stations), a wireless connection for the same purpose if you want or need wireless, a SCART output as you want, and a HDMI output too for the future!

As for the sound, since I use the BV's Dolby Digital processor with a direct digital connection, I can't really comment, but it cost me probably 1/5th of DVD2 that I was seriously considering...until I read the user guide!

I have a Lintronic converter so using it with Beo4 is a real pleasure,  pressing "DVD" turns the player & TV on, dim the lights, selects the USB  input for showing the hard drive contents, and voilà!

Kiss are known for having the most extensive compatibility when it comes to DVD formats (DVIX, VOB, etc) and, unlike DVD2, you can update the machine!

Reunion Island is greeting you!

• 11-15-2007 11:28 AM In reply to

You can use the Beo4 to control this one, connects perfectly with a BV3.

http://bbuy.dk/product.asp?product=11&sub=0&page=1 

• 11-15-2007 2:15 PM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

Our BV3-32 is connected to a Phillips DVDR 615. Avoid this model at all costs. It has some very wierd effect on the BV3. It switches it on in the middle of the Night. Not on the DVD channel but on TV (RF Connection)

CraigSmile

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen..

• 11-15-2007 3:08 PM In reply to

• Beowulf
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Derbyshire
    • Posts 143
    • Bronze Member

Samsung DVDHD870 Hi just had this via an email from Richer sounds RGB output and less than 50 pounds if you join their VIP club which is free, 10 pounds for a 5 year guarantee. Looks quite good with B&o designs

Kind regards

Dave  

Beowulf

• 11-15-2007 3:33 PM In reply to

soundproof:

Hi,
    What model number is this and why does it work with the Beo4?
  • 11-15-2007 4:45 PM In reply to

dilznik:
    soundproof:

Hi,
    What model number is this and why does it work with the Beo4?

I don't own this model myself, but I have been to the store in Copenhagen which sells them - they're Copenhagen's LifestyleAV. That particular DVD-player from Philips accepts Beo4 codes directly, without any need for Lintronic or similar. Send them an e-mail and I'm certain they'll send you the spec's. 

• 11-15-2007 5:38 PM In reply to

Helle David:

For a good price, OPPO DVD/SACD and much more can be had cheaply.  The reviews are very good for the price point and connections a plenty.

Let us know what solution you decide on.

Dario
    When I hear music, I fear no danger. I see no foe... Thoreau
  • 11-15-2007 8:41 PM In reply to

• Beolab
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-18-2007
    • Sweden
    • Posts 535
    • Bronze Member

David:

Hi all! I need to be pointed in the right direction here as i have had a look and all i can find is upscale this and component that.

I am looking for a DVD player to exploit the full potential of the BV3-32 when watching movies. I found a few decent units (from Denon, Marantz, NAD etc), but none have scart-RGB outputs. It is also mentioned that all three of these offereings have a warmer sound, where i think a brighter sound is what is needed to achieve more of a neutral sound when it will be coupled with BL4000's and BSnd4.

Anyone that could advise?  

David! Go for the Denon or Marantz! (Denon and Marantz use the same components..) And the European Denon 1930 version uses RGB on scart..

All DVD players in Europe uses RGB on scart!

Good luck in your search!

Regards

BL8000 MkII Black

• 11-16-2007 6:20 AM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

Thank you for your help! It look the Denon is the one to get to get the most out of BV3

• 11-30-2007 11:57 AM In reply to

Hi!

It must be DVP 3010/02?

I have searched and the only one matching is just that one

correct me if I´m wrong

best regards

Page 1 of 1 (13 items)