in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 10-24-2007 9:17 AM by Moritz. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-23-2007 4:12 AM

• Moritz
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 10-20-2007
    • Posts 6
    • Gold Member

MPAV 9000 won't power up

New to this forum and I'll start with a simple Q.

Should the MPAV power up when only power is connected?  ( without Masterlink connected, only for testing main functions )

• 10-23-2007 3:23 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

Re: MPAV 9000 won't power up

Hi Moritz and welcome to the forumBig Smile
    I am sorry no one has got back to you on this yet.
    Unfortunately, I have no experience with this product but I'm sure someone will be along to answer your question soon.

Andy T.

Poor me, never win owt!

• 10-23-2007 3:49 PM In reply to

• beoandy
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Vienna
    • Posts 84
    • Gold Member

hi moritz,

only the "light" key gives a feedback on the display without masterlink connection. and the "open" key works 

beoandy from vienna

BS Ouverture, BS 9000, AV 9000, Avant 32 DVD, Avant 28, BS 4500, BC 9500, etc....

• 10-23-2007 5:04 PM In reply to

I'm pretty certain that the MPAV9000 only shows the red standby light, opens the glass doors and opens the clamper without being connected to the AV9000. The control functions and the speaker outputs are in the AV9000.

I've sold mine so can't be 100%

Regards Graham

• 10-24-2007 12:36 AM In reply to

• Moritz
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 10-20-2007
    • Posts 6
    • Gold Member

Thank you, "light" and "open" are the only operative functions on my unit too.

In testmode i can operate the cd, tape and radio, the I2c bus seems ok and PSU voltages too. So far all seems ok but I don't have the servicemanual so i'm not 100% shure.

With masterlink connected:

Beovision 9000 sends info on the Masterlink when power is connected but Master Panel sends only one pulse when i conect power to it.

When for example vol+ is pushed on the remote a lot of pulses are sendt from TV to MP but when a button is pushed on the MP only one pulse is sendt to the TV . As far as i have measured all thease pulses sent from one side passes all the way trough the masterlink receiver on the "other side" so i think the masterlink is ok even if it is not symmetrical ( +230mv / -320mv ).

Is it normal that MP doesn't "talk" more than this or is it waiting for an answer from the TV?

Or am i possibly missing something very simple here like some kind of setup or...?

Can anyone help me with service manuals for thease components? I relly need them now and when all is up and working plans are to do a few modifications.

Regards 

Moritz 

• 10-24-2007 9:17 AM In reply to

• Moritz
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 10-20-2007
    • Posts 6
    • Gold Member

Found the problem. ( partly... )

MasterLink sense pin4 has to bee high on the MPAV. I didn't get the original ML-cable so i'm using an other. Mabe use of the right cable would have solved the problem much earlier.  

Only problem now is that i have to use A/V button before selecting a source on the MPAV.  Suggestions anyone? Not a big problem since i'm using Crestron but not knowing is hard... And of course the beauty of a remote beolink5000 will be used sometimes and then it should be nice to be able to push the sources directly.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)