in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 10-22-2007 11:14 AM by Eugenio Colazzo. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-21-2007 7:45 AM

Beocenter 7700 All lights ... No Action?

Pickup a a Beocenter 7700 as giveaway and when pluged-in all the control panel lights light-up, however, none of the controls function.  I do not have the remote so I toggled  the remote switch on the bottom with no results.  The turntable does spin but will only respond to controls on intial turn on.  There is very low volume when playing a record through headphones.  Tried the microprocsessor test as indicated in the service manual and there is a o and a P on the display, but that is what is there at all times.  Any ideas????  Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

John

• 10-21-2007 7:49 AM In reply to

• Dillen
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Copenhagen / Denmark
    • Posts 5,008
    • Founder

Re: Beocenter 7700 All lights ... No Action?

Welcome to Beoworld !

Not sure how good you are with electronics but I suppose
    you need to check if the processor runs, the reset circuitry and
    other circuits around it, supply voltages etc.

Martin

• 10-21-2007 7:53 AM In reply to

I was hoping the service manual would provide a bit more guidance on some of the checks you mentioned ....Not an electronics expert for sure but I did just build an clone of a 1959 Fender Deluxe tube guitar amp :)

• 10-22-2007 11:14 AM In reply to

Something similar appened on my Beo 7, there were some problems, first a fuse burned (all working but no possibility to actuate commands)  AND the main relay with a defective contact (after some minutes turntable stops and the beo goes in GURU mode [no operations possible]) AND a capacitor broken...

If you can open the unit (only the control section) check the fuses and the main relay, Martin has the best capacitors kit, I suggest you to try to change them, It is not so difficult and in the kit there are detailed instructions.

After this I am here to help you

ciao ciao

Eugenio 

Eugenio Colazzo

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)