in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 10-07-2007 9:40 AM by Anonymous. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-06-2007 12:55 PM

... I find the reason! ;-)

So, I look at the amazing pioneer 50" for several days. It's spectacular plama. But, without soul. Really, I was with my platinum credit card in my hand... but I gave up: I can't buy a plasma just because is big and has a really beautiful image... So, the Beovision 8 (same price), worst image, better sound (and I have also two of the most beautiful loudspeaker ever created, beolab 8000) but with B&O touch,,, no many people love Beovision 8, I love it. B&O, forgive me ! I tried to betray you... but I will not! Now I have the reason!!!!

So in a so big market a little fantastic brand with fantastic sound, medium picture, will survive for the soul that they put in the boxes!

Thanks B&O 

• 10-06-2007 1:09 PM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

Re: ... I find the reason! ;-)

You see! It's not ALL about the image, although that doesn't mean the performance is below par on the BeoVisions...

Weekly top artists:                   

• 10-06-2007 1:16 PM In reply to

• Beolab
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-18-2007
    • Sweden
    • Posts 535
    • Bronze Member

scognamiglio:

So, I look at the amazing pioneer 50" for several days. It's spectacular plama. But, without soul. Really, I was with my platinum credit card in my hand... but I gave up: I can't buy a plasma just because is big and has a really beautiful image... So, the Beovision 8 (same price), worst image, better sound (and I have also two of the most beautiful loudspeaker ever created, beolab 8000) but with B&O touch,,, no many people love Beovision 8, I love it. B&O, forgive me ! I tried to betray you... but I will not! Now I have the reason!!!!

So in a so big market a little fantastic brand with fantastic sound, medium picture, will survive for the soul that they put in the boxes!

Thanks B&O 

Now we talking Sconamiglio ! You are right on track i think! Good brainstorming and a right decision from you! Go for the BV 8-32 or the BV 7-32. Wink

Best regards  Frederik L. 

BL8000 MkII Black

• 10-06-2007 1:21 PM In reply to

Big Smile

Probably why I ended up with one of each. Though my defection will have a price, I guess! The BV8 is beautiful.

• 10-06-2007 1:24 PM In reply to

• Beobird
    • Top 150 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • Netherlands
    • Posts 506
    • Gold Member

Surprise I prefer the looks of a wall mounted Pioneer far above the looks of the Beovision 8. The BV7 is just another story, because I felt in love with this tv when I saw it by my dealer for the first time Smile.

We Can't Get Enough B&O Stuff...

• 10-06-2007 1:26 PM In reply to

• Tom
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Luxembourg
    • Posts 3,175
    • Bronze Member

Well done! There are some things that you just can't explain...

Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life. - Berthold Auerbach

• 10-06-2007 1:44 PM In reply to

I love the BeoVision 8. A product guaranteed to become another classic I feel. The design is really quite interesting and grows on me all the time.

Simon.

"We can rebuild him. We have the technology." 7-40, 7-2, 9000, BS3, BC2, LC2, BC6000, Beo5
  • 10-06-2007 10:47 PM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

The BeoVision 8 is a product i see mentioned in magazines, and the newspaper so i agree that this another B&O icon design. Good choice, but what the *beep* are you talking about - 'worse image?' don't you mean smaller image? 50" is ridiculous anyway. Wink

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.”

Your health and well-being comes first and fore-most.

• 10-07-2007 9:40 AM In reply to

i was talking to a friend the other day who has a house full of B&O stuff. It's all a little older now (i think he has 3 BeoCenter1's and an ouverture with BL2500's and maybe an mx8000 with surround sound).

He thought it would be a good idea to buy a cheaper product for his beach house, so he put in a sharp LCD and a bose ss system.

This guy is a professional who's time is extemely valuable and he estimates that this system has cost him probably twice as much as an equivalent B&O system in the time he has spent out of his office trying to make it work. He claims that 2 years on the system still doesn't work like he was told it would.

B&O makes rational sense because it just works.

jazz

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)