in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 09-19-2007 2:06 AM by Peter. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-18-2007 7:37 PM

URGENT help with Beogram 4002... ! please....

Hi guys !

I just put an ad to sell my newly bought and used Beogram 4002, because I was fed up with the technician who came to install in it my new SOUNDSMITH SMMC20CL+ 

When I received my turntable the "dish-plate" needed to be installed, but the B&O technician could not fit it and it could not turn well.  It did not fit inside the plate and some space was left.  Can you understand what I mean?   ...he could not fit the belt right too, as I saw.... he did not know where to put it... !

He told me it was damaged by the shipment, and he could not fix it.

The seller told me that it has a pick up MMC 20 CL.  B&O technician couldnot fit the SOUNDSMITH cartidge  too...  Is it possible he is not capable to install the SOUNDSMITH too ?

I suspect he did not know his job... and of course I could not ask for another B&O technician...

What do you think I should do ?

Please-please heeeeeeeelp......  :)

****  I have paid enough money already for the Beograms...

Thanks,

Maggie 

• 09-18-2007 8:48 PM In reply to

Re: URGENT help with Beogram 4002... ! please....

Maggie:

The aluminum plate on the 4000 series turntables slides into the chassis frame. If it isn't in place perfectly, the platter will not sit properly.

I suspect that the plate got dislodged during shipment and has come forward a bit. You need to slide the wooden frame out, make sure that the aluminum panel is perfectly flush with the rest of the deck and then carefully slide it back in place. Only when the aluminum plate is flush with the rest of the deck and seated along the back hinge of the dust cover without any gaps, will your platter fit.

As for your cartrige, just look at it. 20 CL should look exactly like the Soundsmith except it being silver. The dimensions are the same. Does it actually SAY SMMC20CL on the cartridge? This is the second time you have said that the cartridge is not compatible with a 20 series turtable. Did you get an MMC1 series cartrige instead?

Why don't you take some pictures of the cartridge and your turntable and post them so that we can see how to advise you?

Derek

• 09-19-2007 2:06 AM In reply to

Re: URGENT help with Beogram 4002... ! please....

The Soundsmith cartridges are a tight fit - more so than the originals - this is a good thing! The trick to fitting them is to make sure the small brass tab at the lower part of the arm is located in the small gap in the lower back of the cartridge and then locate the larger contact strip in the top. Firm pressure pushing the body of the cartridge onto the arm is then applied. The delicate part is the brass strip - this must not be bent or snapped! The turntable simply needs centering - instructions are in the service manual on site and is not that difficult.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)