in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 10-19-2011 6:22 PM by Vienna. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-17-2011 4:14 PM

Wireless 1 software compatibility - help please?

I have a set-up with 3 wireless 1's working on the latest software. I'm aware, through personal experience, that the software on the Wireless 1's all have to be the same versions for them to connect/work.

I have just won 2 further Wireless 1's on ebay and whilst I'm fully prepared for them to arrive with incompatible software, I'm wondering if an update might not be necessary. The B&O blurb says :- Each BeoLink Wireless 1 unit functions as both a transmitter and receiver. A single transmitter can service up to seven rooms (seven pairs of loudspeakers), and the system can manage up to three transmitters with 21 pairs of loudspeakers around the house. So if it can manage 3 transmitters can I make one of my newer (older software) Wireless 1's a second transmitter and make the other a reciever in my current link system?

I certainly hope this will work, because I'm assuming the software only interacts with other Wireless 1's that have the software regognition to respond wirelessly, without affecting those that don't recognise the signals.

Thanks for any input.

Stoobie

• 10-18-2011 6:14 AM In reply to

Re: Wireless 1 software compatibility - help please?

I think your idea is to create two separate wireless networks with two transmitters wired via masterlink to the systems, and one transmitter (your current one) transmits to your two existing receivers, and the second transmitter (from eBay) transmitting to the new (eBay) receiver .....

my experience, when I had mixed levels of software on one transmitter and two receivers, is that that they all recognised the transmitter but that they were unstable ... I don't know how you designate one transmitter is tied to one receiver ... I don't think it is a dependency on software levels

..... have you read the wireless manuals to see how you can create two wireless zones ?

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 10-18-2011 9:17 AM In reply to

I remember a thread where it was not possible connecting Wireless1s with different software versions

• 10-18-2011 1:18 PM In reply to

f5434964:

I remember a thread where it was not possible connecting Wireless1s with different software versions

Yes that is correct if you have 2 with different software versions they will not work as a pair. (As I discovered and mentioned in my my original question)

What I'm wondering is will 2 of each software version work as 2 pairs on the same link system because one of each software version will be set to transmit & one of each will be set to recieve and will the corresponding pairs work together or will they be affected by being in the same link system. Ie will the software "cross contaminate" the link signals in the wired system or does the software only affect the wireless signal between the pairs? if so in theory it should work.

This will be achademic in a few days because I will be trying just that when they arrive, I just thought to get a bit of pre-information.

Stoobie

• 10-18-2011 1:24 PM In reply to

elephant:

I don't know how you designate one transmitter is tied to one receiver ... I don't think it is a dependency on software levels

I hope this is possible when fist pairing the Wireless 1's - my three are "paired" so I don't do any thing with those, but on my two newer (older software) ones, I'm hoping to connect up,  press the "send pairing signal" on the transmitter and press the "recieve pairing signal" button on the reciever and they should only be sending and listening to each other for the set-up phase and pair up and not affect the other 3 as they are not sending or recieving the "pairing signal"..

Stoobie

• 10-19-2011 6:05 AM In reply to

Stoobietoo:

elephant:

I don't know how you designate one transmitter is tied to one receiver ... I don't think it is a dependency on software levels

I hope this is possible when fist pairing the Wireless 1's - my three are "paired" so I don't do any thing with those, but on my two newer (older software) ones, I'm hoping to connect up,  press the "send pairing signal" on the transmitter and press the "recieve pairing signal" button on the reciever and they should only be sending and listening to each other for the set-up phase and pair up and not affect the other 3 as they are not sending or recieving the "pairing signal"..

Stoobie

I understand what you want to achieve

I am just not sure how to force the behaviour 

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 10-19-2011 6:22 PM In reply to

• Vienna
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-15-2008
    • make an educated guess
    • Posts 712
    • Bronze Member

elephant:

I don't know how you designate one transmitter is tied to one receiver ...
    I don't think it is a dependency on software levels

I'ts mandatory that the wireless transmitter and paired receiver(s) share the same SW version.

A SW-update of the 2 recently bought Wireless 1s to share the existing network is possibly much easier
    than installing a 2nd set of transmitter & receiver to avoid an update.  

Each B&O wireless transmitter is a "dominant product" trying to suppress other WiFi devices and
    requires one third of the bandwidth of the 2,4 GHz band.

Installing a 2nd pair of BeoLink Wireless will use two thirds of all frequencies and leave only one third
    for other wifi activities.   

Sometimes it is necessary to avoid "crowded wireless channels", especially in urban areas.

B&O dealers / serviceman can manually change the channel from default setting "Auto" to "1"; "6"; "11"
    using the Service Tool - (which is also needed to update the SW ... Big Smile )

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)