in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 10-30-2010 10:01 AM by Stan. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-26-2010 8:26 AM

• Weezle
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 10-26-2010
    • Posts 2
    • Bronze Member

Beolink Passive/Beo4 Help Required Please

Hi guys,

This is doing my head in, so any help you can give would be much appreciated!

I bought a Beo4 at the weekend. Since it's meant to be intuitive, i tried to control my ceiling speakers through my Beolink Passive using my Beo4.

Before using my Beo4, the Beolink Passive on the wall used to have a red light on, on the play button. If i pressed the play button the radio would play and the light would go off, pressing the play button again stopped the radio and the light would come back on.

Since trying to use my Be04, the light has permanently gone off of three of my Beolink passives. These were the three i manually pressed the play button on, to see if music was coming out of.

Last night, i set the timer on my Beolink passives, hoping they would all play music at the time i have set on my Beosound 3000. The only Beolink passive i have which i didn't press play on when i was fiddling with my Beo4, is the only one that the music came out of.

In short, how do i get my Beolink passives to work again?

The only B&O products i have in my house are the lights, the Beosound 3000 (which does not have its own speakers and is only linked up to the Beolink passive speakers in other rooms). I am confused by the various buttons on the Beo4. Do i just need to use the radio function to operate my Beosound 3000 or should i use a different setting? I also cannot get it to operater my lights! I managed to get it to operate my Beosound 3000 last night, but after more fiddling, it stopped doing that too.

Please help. I am hooribly confused.

Many thanks for taking the time and effort to help me.

Marc

• 10-26-2010 10:43 AM In reply to

• stotty1111
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-16-2007
    • UK / France - Nth Worcestershire/Finistere
    • Posts 924
    • Gold Member

Re: Beolink Passive/Beo4 Help Required Please

sounds as if the passives need setting up as options -0 can't help i'm afraid others will be ablr to guide you thro' the process - i hope

welcome to the site

goodluck!!

tony

I always try to operate using/following the KISS principle --  Keep it simple stupid!

• 10-26-2010 4:53 PM In reply to

Sounds like you need to set up each passive with the correct 'Option' setting. To do this you will need to use the beo4 and do the following Using a Beo4: – Hold the • button while pressing LIST. When the Beo4 display reads OPTION?, press GO. – Press LIST to display L.OPT and then key in the appropriate number (0, 4, 5 or 6). Then you need to set to option 6 (as above). If that works then great, if not then im sorry.

Never Mind The Ball-Cocks www.markmossplumbing.co.uk

A labourer uses his hands
    A tradesman uses his hands and his head
    A craftsman uses his hands, his head and his heart

• 10-28-2010 1:47 PM In reply to

• Weezle
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 10-26-2010
    • Posts 2
    • Bronze Member

Thanks for your reply guys. I still have the issue though. The play light is off on my Beolink passives and there is no sound coming though. They will not got bank to standby mode if i press the play button. They were working before i did whatever i did with the Beo4.

One the two passives i didn't fiddle with, the radio would still come on at the appropriate time if i pressed the timer switch. The music would play and i could turn these on and off. However, yesterday i pressed the play button on one of these passives too at a time the timer wasn't set for. I now have the same issue on this Beolink passive where the light is permanently off and cannot be set back to standby.

Any ideas please. It's really really upsetting to not be able to play any music through my expensively assembled system!

Thanks in hope,

Marc

• 10-28-2010 4:05 PM In reply to

Try turning everything off at the mains plugs, leave for a few minutes, turn everything back on, do the option settings and let us know how you get on.

Never Mind The Ball-Cocks www.markmossplumbing.co.uk

A labourer uses his hands
    A tradesman uses his hands and his head
    A craftsman uses his hands, his head and his heart

• 10-30-2010 10:01 AM In reply to

• Stan
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 593
    • Gold Member

Here's another one to watch out for (as it just happened to my wife with our BeoActive and also BL3500) - if you accidently enable "mute" (pressing the middle of the volume control), the system appears to not respond - pressing up/down volume - nothing (most "mute" function turn off with an up/down volume).  Pressing Radio/CD did change the source, but still, no sound.  It wasn't until I noticed the BS9000 showing <Mute> that I figured it out (press the middle of the Beo4 volume control, and all was back to normal).  Then again, I just tested this, and if you hit the volume up/down on the puc, then the mute is also turned off...  Perhaps, you need to unplug everything as suggested above.

No light displaying on the puc, means the BeoLink is "on" and the timer function is disabled.

To have the device respond to a time, the top light must be "on".

When the bottom light is on, it means the BeoLink is "off".

Stan

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)