in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 09-29-2010 3:14 PM by Ehlerz. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-25-2010 6:58 AM

beovision 6 lost dvi socket

My tv had a bluish tone ever since a replacement of the internal panel

So I did a reset in the service menu

- big mistake - 

Now I cant press pc anymore to view my computer connected to the dvi socket on the right side of the panel back

A brief look at the service manual, I went to service menu - picture adjustment - scaler test menu 

"dvi detected - no"

On my plasma I assign a socket for the dvi and move the dvi around these socket names (av/vmen/decoder etc...) but I cant find how to do this or if its done different on this panel?

• 09-25-2010 11:27 AM In reply to

Re: beovision 6 lost dvi socket

menu- other options( or similar) - connections - av1(as an example) - source PC and hdtv DVI-I. That should do the trick!

Let me know if it works out.

/Ehlerz

BV7-40 MK IV, BL5´s, BL3´s, BL 3500, BL7-4, BS3000, BC 6-23, BV 1, BS3.

• 09-25-2010 12:00 PM In reply to

Thanks but I already tried that.

I did a test not with my other bv 22" on the same computer and with the same dvi cable

It works, so it must be realted to the 26" screen

on the 22" it also says dvi detected in the service menu under picture adjustment -> scaler test menu

Also on the 22" I can switch to any option available on "v.tape" or "av" and on all settings I can just press pc and it switches over

• 09-25-2010 12:20 PM In reply to

That sounds weird.

But I remember having some trouble with dvi connection on my old BV 7-32. I remember it took some tweaking before i had it working.

Had to connect, reconnect. take out mains on tv etc. And usually after a while, i had it working.

Have you tried different orders in turning computer and tv on? Sometimes it only worked if i turned on one specific one before the other (cant remember which one had to be turned off while turning the other one on) 

However it seems you allready have done a lot of trouble shooting. 

/ehlerz

• 09-25-2010 12:32 PM In reply to

I will continue to try

It just that this happened just after the settings reset and since customers = me arent suppose to be using the service menu :) I guess I blew something away. If so, I just did not know I would have this hard time getting it to work again.

I assume that on all other "normal" hifi-brands this situation would no appear since most other brands let their customers to a little bit more things with their stuff than this beo/apple style with "dad-knows-best-and-dont-mess-with-my-invention"

• 09-29-2010 2:50 PM In reply to

Had the tv off for a rest, reconnected it today, worked, :)

I connected the mains after all other cables were connected, guess that was the solution

Thanks for the input ehlerz

• 09-29-2010 3:14 PM In reply to

No problem, I am happy you managed to sort things out.

/Ehlerz

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)