in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 06-28-2010 10:10 PM by Stan. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-28-2010 3:36 AM

BeoMaster 5

Hello all!

Its been a while since I have posted.  Got my hands on a BeoMaster 5 and am in the process of adding it to my setup which consists of a BeoSystem 1, BeoVision 4-50, BeoSound 9000, Zektor Switch, PS/3, DirecTV H23-600 with all speakers being connected through the BS1.

If I understand if correctly the BeoMaster 5 can be implemented solo into a setup as a 'Stand Alone setup' as they call it w/o the BeoSound 5!  So based off that I would be required to make the following connection ML, Network, connect one of the video options and then connect the Audio to the BeoSystem 1.  Here is where I am not quite sure of the proper connections to make.

My ML is connected into the ML Distribution Box which also connects to the BeoSystem 1 and the BeoSound 9000.  Seeing that the resolution table only lists the BeoSystem 1 as (CVBS or Y/C) 800x600 I am assuming that I can only utilize either the S-Video or Video connection to the back of my BeoSystem 1 is that correct?  In regards to that does it matter which set of sockets I ultilze on the rear connections of the BeoSystem 1.  My V.AUX is already connected to the Zektor switch in order to connect the PS/3 and DirecTV at 1080i resolutions.

I have tried a few different scenerios already, but haven't gotten it going yet :(

BeoVision 4-50 MkII, BeoSystem 1, Zektor Switch, DTS box, BeoLink Passive, BeoVox Cona, BeoLab 1, BeoLab 3500, BeoLab 6000, BeoLab 4000, BeoLab 4, BeoLab 3000, BeoMedia 1, BeoMaster 5, BeoSystem 3 Type 9621

• 06-28-2010 8:17 AM In reply to

Re: BeoMaster 5

I think you're going to have some problems. I was told when the Beomaster 5 was released that there was no way to control it (without a BeoSound 5) via a BeoSystem 1. B&O advised that they were working on a solution to use an external IR control. That was over a year ago. It's my understanding that they still haven't provided a solution.

• 06-28-2010 9:07 AM In reply to

beojeff

I certainly hope not seeing that the BeoMaster User Guide lists the how to operate the unit with a Beo5 & Beo4 remote not to mention that the Installtion Manual talks about one of three ways (actual 4) to setup the unit is 'Stand Alone Setup' in which no BeoSound 5 is shown and the operation and navigation of the BeoMaster 5 is done by the 'Source Selection Menu' on the main room TV. Took that last underline section directly from the Installation Manual.

Anyone out there have this type of a setup and can verify the operation of a BeoMaster 5 without a BeoSound 5 via the Main Room TV?

BeoVision 4-50 MkII, BeoSystem 1, Zektor Switch, DTS box, BeoLink Passive, BeoVox Cona, BeoLab 1, BeoLab 3500, BeoLab 6000, BeoLab 4000, BeoLab 4, BeoLab 3000, BeoMedia 1, BeoMaster 5, BeoSystem 3 Type 9621

• 06-28-2010 10:10 PM In reply to

• Stan
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 593
    • Gold Member

You can definitely operate the BM5 without a BS5, but the BeoSystem 1 might be the hitch.  Does it know to pass the N.Music/N.Radio commands to MasterLink (among other things)?  I don't know, but I would suggest posting this question on the BeoSound 5 forum.  I know there are some owners that just have a BM5 (no BS5) that show up there once in a while.

Stan

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)