in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 05-31-2010 7:39 PM by Stephan. 9 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-31-2010 2:09 PM

Beolink 7000 ... Can you help me?

Hi there,

I recently bought a Beolink 7000 for a fair price and recieved the item today. Unfortunately there are 2 cosmetical issues:

- The "sensi-touch" buttons are visible! It looks like the paint has gone off/away and the whole magic of the BL7000 is gone!

Just look at the picture, this was done without a flash in a dark room... Is the screen replaceable?

- Silver front plate scratched (lightly) - Any chance in getting a mint one??

I am really disappointed of the remote at the moment, maybe there is a way to restore the original looks as the overall condition is very good.

Thanks for your answers upfront

Best 

Stephan

Filed under:
  • 05-31-2010 2:20 PM In reply to

Re: Beolink 7000 ... Can you help me?

I have never seen that before! Fascinating though clearly i understand why it disappoints. I suppose it must have been in the sun - I can see no way forward except a new glass panel and these are very few and far between. I am afraid I would suggest selling this one and getting another.

• 05-31-2010 2:33 PM In reply to

New to me as well Sad It appears that the glass has some kind of a coating on top, and some enthusiastic cleaner has managed to remove it completely, probably with heavy detergents...

-mika

• 05-31-2010 3:03 PM In reply to

I guess it must be direct and long exposure to the sun.

If I check the silver end of the BL7000, the "Bang & Olufsen" sign is without any color, shouldn't this be engraved and the letters painted in black?

If so, the cleaning theory could be one possible reason....

I asked the seller for feedback regarding this issue, lets see what he replies.

Just for my understanding, do you know if the glass panel is a separate part that can be replaced or is it one piece including the electronics as well?

As always, thanks for your answers upfront

Stephan

• 05-31-2010 3:06 PM In reply to

New to me as well. I'm shocked!

Beoworld's twenty-eighth ninth prize winner and fifty-first second prize winner. Best £30 I've ever spent!

• 05-31-2010 3:52 PM In reply to

Stephan:

I asked the seller for feedback regarding this issue, lets see what he replies.

Hi Stephan,

What did the seller describe while selling the BL 7000? What could you expect from the deal?

Possibly you can point to him/her that the delivered item is not what was described.  Sending the BL 7000 back and get your money back.

Regards, Robert

• 05-31-2010 4:10 PM In reply to

The seller didn't describe the issue with the display.

He showed 2 pictures of the remote that were taken in natural sunlight and the display looked like it arrived.

For example, if I look at the screen of my iPhone in the sunlight, I can also see the ambient light & proximity sensor due to the brightness of the light.

Anyway this fault wasn't mentioned in the auction description, and for my understanding it should have been mentioned.

Regards, Stephan 

• 05-31-2010 4:17 PM In reply to

I agree there... if you have ever seen an OK Beolink 7000, this problem should be obvious at the first glance and the seller must've been aware of it. Pictures always lie and IMHO you can't expect the buyers to spot stuff like this from pictures only.

I take it that you have seen the touch panels on the Beocenter 9xxx series for example, and this is clearly more transparent?

-mika

• 05-31-2010 4:55 PM In reply to

I have actually seen the problem before. I think it is the paint on the glass, I can't say that it is caused by sunlight. The problem is that there are no more parts available for the BeoLink 7000, so evrybody be very carefull with this remote!

• 05-31-2010 7:39 PM In reply to

Its like in the picture shown above, you can clearly see the sensi touch contacts on the surface. It looks like there is a normal piece of glass above a dark surface. 

I once had a perfect BL7000 with SW 3.1 and I sold it (i could bite my a** if I could reach it...) so I know how it should look like.

Lesson learned, I try to explain him that I'm not happy with it and get it refunded and ask the guys at Lifestyle for a nice one.

Ebay can be good but if it gets tricky its really complicated to get everything solved.... Never experienced any hassle at Lifestyle...

Everybody should explain the stuff like they do... really!

Thanks for all the help so far.

Regards

Stephan

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)