in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 04-14-2010 7:23 AM by beoaus. 9 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-11-2010 4:36 PM

the mysterious Beo4 / Beo5 ergonomics study?

Hi everyone!

I am doing a study of ergonomics on remote controllers, more specifically, B&O ones, for school and I seem to remember reading a study (or was it a description of the design process?) B&O published.

It was about the design of the Beo 4 and how the shape of the remote progressed from the shape of the BeoLink 1000 to BeoLink 5000 and then onto the Beo 4, and I think there was also something about the Beo 5. I'm not really sure what exactly it was, but I hope you get the general idea.

So if anyone remembers it and can find it, or anything like it for that matter (ergonomically relevant), I would be ever so grateful. Thanks!

• 04-11-2010 9:15 PM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

Re: the mysterious Beo4 / Beo5 ergonomics study?

Not sure if this is relevant, but one clever thing i noticed about the Beo4 is its centre of gravity, it's PERFECT! you can balance on one finger directly under the go button. GENIUS.

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.”

Your health and well-being comes first and fore-most.

• 04-12-2010 12:22 AM In reply to

Dave:

GENIUS.

Are you quoting me Dave????? LaughingLaughingLaughingStick out tongue

My B&O: 2009 Catalogue and Pricelist

• 04-12-2010 4:39 AM In reply to

• Michael
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-20-2009
    • Glen Waverley, Victoria, Australia
    • Posts 245
    • Gold Member

Can the Beo5 be used with other non B&O equipment like the Philips Pronto Pro?  Is it fully programmable, or does it only work with B&O ?

Regards

Michael.

• 04-12-2010 6:48 AM In reply to

• TWG
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Germany
    • Posts 950
    • Gold Member

Michael:

Can the Beo5 be used with other non B&O equipment like the Philips Pronto Pro?  Is it fully programmable, or does it only work with B&O ?

Regards

Michael.

offical = no

unofficial  = yes Wink

Beo 5 is able to control 3rd party equipment, have a look into the Beo 5 forum! Actualy I'm controlling a Sony DVD Player, an Archos Multimedia Player, a Yamaha Input Selector and my Mac mini all with the Beo 5!

I bought the Lintronic box TT238 to copy my old remotes into the computer and generate XML-files for the Beo 5 configuration software.

Works great!! You can get the box at www.lintronic.dk

• 04-12-2010 7:20 PM In reply to

• Evan
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-15-2008
    • Ohio | USA
    • Posts 2,601
    • Gold Member

Dave:

Not sure if this is relevant, but one clever thing i noticed about the Beo4 is its centre of gravity, it's PERFECT! you can balance on one finger directly under the go button. GENIUS.

After reading this, I had to try it. Worked immediately! Very satisfying Big Smile

Evan

• 04-13-2010 2:55 AM In reply to

evman140:

Dave:

After reading this, I had to try it. Worked immediately! Very satisfying Big Smile

Not perfect though - I have lithium batteries in mine and they are much lighter, so the COG has moved to between GO and the up diamond. Big Smile

Sorry Gorissek, I haven't seen that study either. Embarrassed

-mika

• 04-13-2010 8:54 AM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

jldmelb:

Dave:

GENIUS.

Are you quoting me Dave????? LaughingLaughingLaughingStick out tongue

Sure, why not! Big Smile

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.”

Your health and well-being comes first and fore-most.

• 04-13-2010 9:03 AM In reply to

• Evan
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-15-2008
    • Ohio | USA
    • Posts 2,601
    • Gold Member

tournedos:

evman140:

Dave:

Not perfect though - I have lithium batteries in mine and they are much lighter, so the COG has moved to between GO and the up diamond. Big Smile

Sorry Gorissek, I haven't seen that study either. Embarrassed

Oh, yes yes, back to the point! Stick out tongue Will keep my eyes peeled for this elusive study.

Evan

• 04-14-2010 7:23 AM In reply to

• beoaus
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Melbourne, Australia
    • Posts 445
    • Founder

There was a paper brochure that detailed the progression in remotes and their ease of use.  The beolink 1000 then 5000 was mentioned with its simple to use buttons underneath. It was updated and available in some stores right up until 1999. Some sort of notes detailed its ease of use or an award for simplicity as well which may relate to the design study you mentioned.

B&O Enterprise (Hotel / Large complex installs) have some promotional documents on Beo4 ease of use.  I'm not sure how to get hold of them though.  Nowdays and as a student I would start with Struer or the local regional B&O hospitality rep.

beoaus.

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)