in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-27-2010 1:07 PM by Vienna. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-18-2010 12:42 PM

MCP9000 compatibility / testing

I have an MCP9000 and was hoping to use it with a Beovision3 however I can not get it to work. Is there any way to test the unit without connecting it to the TV. The unit powers up the doors open the lights come on and the CD clamp opens and closes but the only other button that appear to work is the light button which when pressed displays light, if any other buttons are pressed the stand by light flashes once

Stuart

• 02-27-2010 1:07 PM In reply to

• Vienna
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-15-2008
    • make an educated guess
    • Posts 712
    • Bronze Member

Re: MCP9000 compatibility / testing

I did somethig similar many years ago with an Avant
    and the result was the same as yours.

Without an AV9000 TV/Center the AV works only as a ML source. 

But there are some conditions to fulfill and severe limitations:

1) use today's 9-conductor, the old 16-conductor ML cable used with the early AV9000s may cause troubles. Maybe the B&O Service has to solder a "jumper" between 2 of the pins of the ML socket to get the unit "9-conductor ML ready" - ask them

2) you have to use an one way remote like Beo4/BL1000 - get an older one with the "AV" button insted of "DVD"

3) forget about manual operation exept "Magic Open" of the doors and "Load" for CDs 

4) even with TV in option 2 the TV will not power on  by any audio command , you will have to start the TV by a video command like "TV" then "AV" plus "CD" or any audio command.

5) make sure that all reqired setup (re-programming of radio stations, clearing of timers, ...) is done while the MPAV beeing connected to the AV 9000 - no chance later on

PS: The proof of the pudding is in the eating - I connected my vintage "9-conductor ML ready" MPAV to my BV 7-55 and ... it worked  in the manner described ... 

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)