in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-08-2010 10:25 PM by Stan. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-08-2010 5:50 PM

Worth keeping BS4 with BS5

Considering a BS5 at the moment and wonder whether I should keep my current BS4 to link with it or just use the BS5. Any thoughts?

• 02-08-2010 10:25 PM In reply to

• Stan
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 593
    • Gold Member

Re: Worth keeping BS4 with BS5

Do you still buy CDs?  Do you still listen to FM (or AM) radio?  Do you have kids?  Can you get a decent price for the BS4?  Is space at a premium?

I have kept my BS9000 with my BS5.  I still buy a CD from time to time and the immediate gratification side of me likes to pop it into the CD player without waiting to burn it.  I also listen to the radio from time to time - although most radio stations now have internet equivalents - at least they do by me, but sometimes my internet goes down...  My 11 year old daughter buys CDs that will never be loaded into the BS5 because I don't want MOTS to find them (it is too bad that you cannot keep MOTS away from certain music)...  and my BS9000 is worth more to me than what it would fetch in the open market.

Could I live without the BS9000?  Sure, but I have the space, it's paid for and is still a "classic" to my eyes.  The only downside is that the volume wheel doesn't work on the BS5 because BS9000 is the "audio master"... and I must press N.Music or N.Radio on the remote to listen to it - turning on the BS5 by touching it doesn't awake the BS9000 - I think the same is true of the BS4.

Stan

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)