in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 09-04-2009 5:11 PM by raveny. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-04-2009 8:50 AM

• LarsH
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 06-23-2007
    • Uppsala, Sweden
    • Posts 42
    • Gold Member

PS3 Slim anyone tried it

Hi all!

Anyone out there that has tried the new PS3 slim?

I'm considering to buy it to my BV7 MkIII. Would that be a good choice?

Best Regards, Lars

• 09-04-2009 11:39 AM In reply to

• TWG
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Germany
    • Posts 950
    • Gold Member

Re: PS3 Slim anyone tried it

Yes, I bought one on Sep 1st :-)

It looks much more decent than the "fat" PS3 with its glossy surface.
    Setup was super easy and it works easy. You can customize the interface with themes and your own backgrounds.
    Noise level is a low frequency from fan and BD drive. It's okay like a small PC or s.th. comparable.

The Eject- and Power-Buttons are backlit. Looks very good and it should look like this on the Beosound 5, too ;-)

Copied my holiday photos to the PS3 and it can even rip your CDs into different formats (AAC, MP3 ...).

Navigation on the PS3 with its XMB menu is absolutely simple. Perhaps it's more  fun while watching DVDs, Blurays etc. when you use the original remote instead of the controller.

When  somebody converts the Pronto files of the Logitech Harmony PS3 adapter, we should be able to control the PS3 with the Beo 5 remote :-)

Thought of buying a multimedia player, too but after getting the PS3 I cancelled that idea. The PS3 suits all my needs as it can access clients inside your networks, too.

With the optional PlayTV you get a dual DVB-T tuner that can record films, TV-shows etc. directly to the PS3 while you're watching another  program etc.
    Timeshift works, too. PlayTV was sold out here in my region, so I have to wait a few days, to get it!

It was a good choice for me to buy the PS3 and modern games are more than amazing :-)

• 09-04-2009 11:53 AM In reply to

• LarsH
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 06-23-2007
    • Uppsala, Sweden
    • Posts 42
    • Gold Member

Thanks for the reply. Sonuds like there's no option.

another question crosses my mind. What setting should I use on the PS3 and the BV7 in order to get the best sound.

pcm out?

• 09-04-2009 5:11 PM In reply to

I bought one too. It's more quiet than the original PS3 but it's still not as quiet as a a stand-alone player. I haven't tried it in a cabin...

It's faster than my Pioneer LX91, but image quality is much better on Pioneer...

The slim is definitely a good choice. More compact, less smudge, less noise for 300€

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)