in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 09-04-2009 5:16 PM by frankmj. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-04-2009 9:20 AM

• LarsH
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 06-23-2007
    • Uppsala, Sweden
    • Posts 42
    • Gold Member

DTV, selecting channels without caring of source (DBV-T/B/S)

Hi all!

Long time back, decades, there was a discussion wether the channels were to be chosen from an external set-top box or not in the analogue world. As we all know, the tuner is built in and we can select the TV channels regardless of where in UHF, VHF, and so on it is located.

The channel selection in for example BV7 is simple to use, and easy to move channels back and forth. Right now we are living in the world of several set-top boxes and thus we loose the nice functionality.

I do know that we have the operators having their dedicated set-top box and we have to have it this or that way.

On the other hand, I would like to wish for something like this.

Channel location                Name                        Source
           1                                  SVT1                          DVB-T
           2                                  SVT2                          DVB-T
           3                                   TV3                           DVB-B
           4                                  BBC1                         DVB-S

Just because out of a users point of view, I would like to have all channels in my list, regardless of how it is distributed.

Is this too much to wish for, or could this happen in the future?

Best Regards, Lars

• 09-04-2009 5:16 PM In reply to

Re: DTV, selecting channels without caring of source (DBV-T/B/S)

Hi Lars

Buy a Beo5. It can be done with macros.

What is DVB-B?!?

/Frank

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)