in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 09-29-2009 3:03 PM by yachadm. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-21-2009 11:53 AM

Beovision 7702 repair help needed

Hello everyone

I'm the happy owner of a beovision 7702, which despite it's age has been working flawlessly. Lately, however, when turned on it has been needing a little nudge on the top before it wants to tune to a channel. In addition it quite often turns off without prior warning. Normally this was torrerable, but lately this has been almost every 10 minutes and this morning I couldn't get to start no matter how much I slammed the top.

Now, when I get it I spend a fair deal of time cleaning it and resoldring it and today I've given it a thorough look again. I can't see anything wrong. My question to you all is the following: Has anyone experienced something similar. Is there any general advice to fixing problems like this? Does anyone know if it is possible to go to a B&O shop and get them to have a look at it without getting raped (I am a poor student)?

Thanks in advance!

• 09-29-2009 3:03 PM In reply to

• yachadm
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 06-24-2007
    • Jerusalem, Israel
    • Posts 687
    • Bronze Member

Re: Beovision 7702 repair help needed

Hi CookieFox

There are a number of possible causes, and you did not indicate how technical-able you are.

It may be a bad on-off switch, it may be a bad solder joint on the PCB, and it may be a bad flyback with associated HOT, or bad capacitors. You really need to have some technical knowledge, and some test equipment to do the proper troubleshooting. If you are able to do this, let us know.

Menahem

Learn from the mistakes of others - you'll not live long enough to make them all yourself!

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)