in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 06-11-2009 5:28 AM by Emmanuel92. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-11-2009 2:55 AM

Peter's Moderating Issue: Image management consequences

Separate post so as not to detract from Peter's original message.

By chance I was viewing images in the Media section yesterday and noticed that clicking for enlarged equipment images and comments relating to 'Eduard' submissions had been disabled by moderators. I assume that the above relates to the same person and explains this disabling:- just a shame these particular images can now only be viewed as thumbnails. (Apologies in advance if I've linked the wrong 'Eds' and 'Eduards'!)

As a relatively new subscriber I find that revelations such as this make me hope that the underlying issue can still be resolved in some way. Having said that it also makes me more appreciative of what it takes to run a site like this!

Graham

I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure. [W C Fields]

• 06-11-2009 4:47 AM In reply to

• Luke
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-03-2009
    • Switzerland
    • Posts 286
    • Bronze Member

Re: Peter's Moderating Issue

I had noticed that too. They seemed to be some of the best pictures there... Would be good if we could get some other members with similar equipment to post some examples instead !

I know there are a heap out there as I have seen them around the forum.

• 06-11-2009 5:28 AM In reply to

Re: Peter's Moderating Issue

Hello Graham,

vikinguk:
    By chance I was viewing images in the Media section yesterday and noticed that clicking for enlarged equipment images and comments relating to 'Eduard' submissions had been disabled by moderators. I assume that the above relates to the same person and explains this disabling:- just a shame these particular images can now only be viewed as thumbnails. (Apologies in advance if I've linked the wrong 'Eds' and 'Eduards'!)

This is a technical consequence of Ed's account deletion, not an intentional disabling by moderators.

EDIT: Maybe we can deal we this issue in the database. The picture gallery administration options fail to manage the images, for the same reason.

Quoi de mieux qu'un BeoLab 2 ? 2 BeoLab 2 !

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)