in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 06-02-2009 5:59 AM by vlohjr1. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-01-2009 4:25 PM

BeoVision 7-40 Blue-ray - multiregion, possible ?

Hello Gentlemen,

is it possible set BV7-40 Blue-ray to play discs from USA, ... or other regions ?

regards

• 06-01-2009 4:38 PM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

Re: BeoVision 7-40 Blue-ray - multiregion, possible ?

I was told no. Blu-ray drives are regional, but most Blu-ray discs are region-free (for now, at least!). However, this means that region-encoded SD DVDs won't play on your Blu-ray internal drive.

If you have your BV7-40 MKIV, why don't you share your thoughts with us? What do you think of the TV?

• 06-01-2009 4:51 PM In reply to

but most SD DVDs are region coded, so it can't play then?

I have a MKIII and as part of the trade in from MKII the blue ray upgrade is free, now i am not so sure!

Vince

• 06-01-2009 5:23 PM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

vlohjr1:

I have a MKIII and as part of the trade in from MKII the blue ray upgrade is free, now i am not so sure!

That's a good deal, as they claim the Blu-ray upgrade will be around £600. However, you might be right to question this 'internal' drive as a) it simply connects to one of your external HDMI sockets and b) it is controlled as an external player (ie. yellow+button to control).

Unfortunately my MKIV is going back to my dealer. It's simply not good enough and crashes with Sky, all the time.

You can play your region-encoded SD DVDs if they are encoded in the same format as your territory (ie. Region 2). I can't view any of my old Region 1 SD DVDs on my MKIV :(

• 06-01-2009 6:28 PM In reply to

Moxxey - I was told that the blueray would be able to be set for the DVD discs to be multi-region but not the Blueray discs

that of course could be nonsense based upon your experiences

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 06-02-2009 5:59 AM In reply to

As I say i have the MKIII since the upgrade of Sky HD software download, there seems to be a freeze when subtitle are selected. Otherwise in the old format, the MKIII really seems quite good much better than MKII

it also seems that i cannot control sky box interactive menus on link tvs using sw 5.02 would 5.08 eradicate this?

BTW, do you know of any shortcuts to get subtitles using beo4 or 5 rather than the long route using the sky menu?

Despite all the problems, the MKIII is a nice tv and my wife and I really enjoy it. OK not the most up to date tech, but the integration is a joy to use

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)