in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 04-16-2009 4:44 AM by mans. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-08-2009 5:33 AM

• mans
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 05-24-2008
    • Philippines
    • Posts 11
    • Bronze Member

Beocenter 9300 CX100 5pin adaptor to iPod Touch problem :(

Hi!

I just received today the B&O 5pin Aux to iPod connector that i'd like to use for my Beocenter 9300 and iPod Touch.

I'm just wondering cause i just tested it now and the sound only comes from one side (right side). The sound integrity is excellent however but it's only coming from one speaker. I already tried other players (another mp3 player and my trusty laptop) and still the same thing. I also tried connecting to the Tape2 connection (instead of Aux) and still the same.

I opened up the Neutrik connector as well as the 3.5mm jack to see if there are loose connections but can't seem to find any. I'd just like to clarify if the connections are right (everybody makes mistakes when it comes to small wires) :)

As for Neutrik 5pin connector, the white wire is on 3, the red wire on 5 and the ground wire on 2. As for the 3.5mm jack for the ipod, the white is on center and the red a bit outside, ground wire being on outermost.

Please clarify. I'm just hoping it's a small misconnected wire and i can just resolder. Resending the cable to the seller wouldn't be feasible (cause I'm here in the Philippines and the shipping costs would make it prohibitive to send back to the US).

Thanks and looking forward to anybody's help and reply.

~ mans

• 04-08-2009 6:04 AM In reply to

• mans
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 05-24-2008
    • Philippines
    • Posts 11
    • Bronze Member

Re: Beocenter 9300 CX100 5pin adaptor to iPod Touch problem :(

After reading one of the posts here, i noticed something odd.

With just the connector (bare without plastic) and setting AUX or Tape2 to low volume, i used a piece of wire to 'touch' one or two terminals (i.e. number 3 and 5). Apparently, either of those that i touch, i just hear scratching/humming on ONE speaker (the right speaker). I was half expecting either one to not produce a sound but they both do but on one side.

Why oh why?? Is this AUX/Tape2 connector of the Beocenter 9300 just a 'mono' thing that could just deliver sound to one channel?? :(

• 04-08-2009 6:58 AM In reply to

• geearr
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-27-2008
    • Gold Coast, Australia
    • Posts 301
    • Gold Member

Hi, I would recheck the connections to the stereo jack plug.  I think that the inner connection, nearest the plastic, should be the ground and the outer two connections are for the two channels.  If you have the ground on the outer connection you will only get one channel.

Regards

GR

• 04-08-2009 10:58 AM In reply to

HI

no the aux/tape2 connector on bc 9300 is a stereophonic that carries right and left channel out on pin 3 and 5  and pin 1 and 4 carries signal in for left and right channel  the pin in the middle is common ground if you have a minjack in the other end you have to connect the terminals in the middle of the jack to pin 1 and 4 on

the din connector and last connection on the minijack(the long metalpiece)to the pin in the middle of the din connector(5 pin)

• 04-08-2009 11:24 AM In reply to

• mans
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 05-24-2008
    • Philippines
    • Posts 11
    • Bronze Member

@birgerbum

Uhmm... last portion of your reply.. do you mean 2pin (middle of the din connector) and not 5? Also, the cable is only 3 core i think (1 red, 1 white, and 1 uninsulated outer copper wire). How do i do it as per your suggestion?

@geearr

So you mean the innermost connector in the minijack should lead to pin2 instead? (right now it's the white wire from pin 3 of the din plug that's connected to it).

Really appreciate your suggestions guys.

• 04-08-2009 3:13 PM In reply to

HI

the outer copper wire must go from your minijack's long metalpiece(ground)to

pin 2 on your din connector and as far as i remember remember pin 1 and 4  on the dinconnector is signal out left and right and pin 3 and 5 are signal in left and right so the red wire must go from one of the inner connections on your minijack to pin 5

on the din connector and the white wire must go from your the other inner connection of your minijack to pin 3 on your din connector

be sure your balance is set to the middle position and if thats ok switch to

to the connection you wish to use on your bc9300 without putting the din plug in

and try to put a small metalpiece Eks a papercllips in pin 3 and then in pin 5 to hear

if you gets humming from left and right channel remember to do so with the volume

set to low ore else you can damage your speakers if you get humming frpm both

channels this way your bc 9300 works ok and when you plug your din connector

in with the ipod on and you miss one channel something is wrong with your cable or the ipod

sometimes you have to clean the dinconnector on the bc 9300 with something called contact cleaner that are sprayed directly in the din connector to avoid bad

contact

regards

jan

• 04-09-2009 2:10 AM In reply to

• geearr
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-27-2008
    • Gold Coast, Australia
    • Posts 301
    • Gold Member

Hi

All starting to sound very confusing

I agree that when you send an input signal to the AUX or TP2 sockets on the BC9300, the DIN plug uses pins 3 and 5 for the channels and 2 as the ground

Open the DIN plug and view the connections from the solder side.  With the centre pin 2 at the 12oclock position, the pin numbering is 1,4,2,5,3.  Make sure that white and red go to 5 and 3 and the copper goes to 2.  If this is the case then the DIN connection should be OK

On DIN connections, Left is 3 and Right is 5.  Check which colour is Left and Right.

On the Mini jack, I have seen the connections numbered as follows:

Cable, Plastic holder, 3, 2, 1

Ground is nearest the plastic holder ie 3

Right goes to 2

Left goes to 1, ie the outer tip of the mini jack

That is how I would expect to see this cable connected.  In your case, the copper wire to the mini jack should be at connection 3.  If you have a multimeter, you can check all of this very quickly.

Regards

Geoff

• 04-16-2009 4:44 AM In reply to

• mans
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 05-24-2008
    • Philippines
    • Posts 11
    • Bronze Member

Hi Everybody! Sorry for the late reply. We take Holy Week here in the Philippines rather 'very' seriously. :D

Yes, this is getting to be a bit confusing. Let me try out the 'multimeter' test first just to check if the line is good (it's rather long at around 12 feet!).

Then i'll do each of your suggestions one after the other.

Thanks and will be posting back soon. I don't have a multimeter myself, so gotta borrow one from a friend. Thanks.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)