in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-15-2009 3:33 AM by Alex. 9 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-14-2009 1:40 PM

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

Changing the default audio speaker output

I have a scenario where my Airport Express connects to my BV7-40 MKIII via a scart lead created by my dealer. Problem is that the TV recognises that the incoming audio-only stream is mono/stereo, but insists on outputting the audio to 'speaker 3', which means it forces the stereo audio via the centre speaker and two BL9s.

Result? Audio doesn't sound right. If I go in to 'sound adjustment' and manually select 'defaul audio speaker 2' the sound is far superior as you would expect (ie. just playing via the BL9s).

So, how do I setup the BV7 so that it automatically recognises there is no video signal (even though its a scart input) and defaults to 'audio speaker 2'?

• 02-14-2009 2:46 PM In reply to

• Affineur
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-27-2008
    • United States
    • Posts 90
    • Bronze Member

Re: Changing the default audio speaker output

Mox,

I use the picture mute (or "pmute" on the Beo4/Beo5) feature which turns the picture off and defults to "speaker 2" setting. I have the same set-up except with an Apple TV in between.

Seek simplicity and distrust it. Alfred North Whitehead
  • 02-14-2009 5:06 PM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

Thanks. That does work. However, is there anyway of making the BV7 automatically picture mute after selecting V.AUX?

• 02-14-2009 5:33 PM In reply to

I have this setup : BC1 connected to BL8000 - masterlink to BS2300.

And always when I turn tv on it is automatically on speakers 3 .

Can I change that ? and choose which speakers setup for defoult ?

when your Black Label begin to taste like juice just take shot or two of Absinthe and after that quench with some vodka, if you still feel juice like take beer with grappa !

• 02-14-2009 5:47 PM In reply to

moxxey:

Thanks. That does work. However, is there anyway of making the BV7 automatically picture mute after selecting V.AUX?

Select A.V.AUX (after you add it in your list in the beo4)

And assuming the BV7 is in option 2

• 02-14-2009 6:05 PM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

I've found and added A-V.AUX (no A.V.AUX seems to exist), but that doesn't do anything, once pressed. I don't know what option it is in (as it was configured by my dealer). I do know it's connected by masterlink to my BV8-26 in the other room, which is set to option 4 and has it's own dedicated remote, as the BV7 remote kept turning it on.

• 02-14-2009 6:16 PM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

The problem is not the presence of a picture signal, it's that all inputs on the back of a BeoVision 7 are treated as video inputs.

What you may be able to do however, is use the optical output on your AirPort express through an optical to coaxial digital converter. This way, the TV knows exactly what signal it is receiving and will switch to stereo.

When using analog inputs, the TV is expecting a Dolby ProLogic signal (when in speaker 5 mode) and will process the sound accordingly.

Weekly top artists:                   

• 02-14-2009 6:38 PM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

The reason I didn't go with this converter option was that those converters need a power supply - more cables, more boxes, more power required.

I does confuse me how we discuss the advantage of the 'power' of the BS3, when it can't even tell the difference between a simple stereo audio signal and a signal with video.

• 02-14-2009 7:27 PM In reply to

moxxey:

I've found and added A-V.AUX (no A.V.AUX seems to exist), but that doesn't do anything, once pressed. I don't know what option it is in (as it was configured by my dealer). I do know it's connected by masterlink to my BV8-26 in the other room, which is set to option 4 and has it's own dedicated remote, as the BV7 remote kept turning it on.

Again, the BV7 needs to be in V.OPT 2, in order to make the A.V.AUX mute the screen. Default is option 1, thats why A.V.AUX doesnt do anything. Any AV-command + source, will mute your picture, and will put it to default audio. In your case 2 speakers.

Your BV8 has nothing to do with it. Option 4 needs a LINK-command for any other command. That is exactly what this dedicated remote does, before you hit a button.

• 02-15-2009 3:33 AM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

Alternatively, you could just call the audio up through the HDMI and P.Mute it. This would have exactly the same affect.

Weekly top artists:                   

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)