in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-02-2009 2:48 PM by Peter. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-02-2009 11:57 AM

MMC4000 cartridge, NOS...

Dear all,

My first post on this forum under a new nickname, I have been around for a while but not quite satisfied with my nickname...

I have a question I'd like to ask: with my beogram 1100 came a spare cartridge, a MMC4000. It has never been used and is still in it's original package. Since the cartridge on the beogram is still in fine condition I have no real use for it, so I'd like to sell it. Seems to me the cartridge is an item of great value, since it is as new and still in the original package.

My question is: how much is such a cartridge, in this new condition, worth nowadays?

I'm still a student so I'd really like to make the most out of it, maybe to help fund some new and pretty B&O Wink

Thank you very much for any answers in advance, any help is greatly appreciated!

Chiel from the NetherlandsLaughing

• 02-02-2009 2:48 PM In reply to

Re: MMC4000 cartridge, NOS...

Tricky! You are quite correct, if this cartridge was exactly as new, it would be worth at least £100 if not more. However the problem will be the suspension. This gets harder with age - I have a number of cartridges that are unused from this generation and they all have evidence of deterioration. This can be insignificant when listening to stereo records and yours may be fine. Mine are MMC5000 and 6000s though and when used to play CD4 records, they cannot track at the higher frequencies required. This is because the suspension is too hard. (The diamonds are fine) Newer cartridges can still track with no problem.

Hence the answer! However a collector, particularly one with a Beogram 4000 could well be interested. Especially if it comes with the proper box and papers. I seem to remember giving one of these away some time ago and hope it is still giving good service!

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)