in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-02-2009 1:56 PM by joeyboygolf. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-02-2009 11:25 AM

Where can I find different coloured speaker fronts for my Beolab 5000's?

Hello All,

Firstly Hello as this is my first post.

I have a pair of Beolab 5000 Active Loudspeakers and absolutely love the look of them, they are after all a B&O classic! I was just wondering whether anyone knows where I can get different coloured speaker fronts for them in the UK? At the moment I have the charcoal grey ones but I have seen blue and even red before, however I am having no luck in tracking them down. Ideally it would be red but if you know of other colours that are available then that would be great too.

Mine are the same as below but without the small blue panel.

Many thanks,

Roy

• 01-02-2009 11:32 AM In reply to

Re: Where can I find different coloured speaker fronts for my Beolab 5000's?

Hi Roy! And welcome to the forum !

Try Lifestyle-av.co.uk they are pre-owned dealer maybee they can help you.

Honestly I didn't see them in colours for a long time.

when your Black Label begin to taste like juice just take shot or two of Absinthe and after that quench with some vodka, if you still feel juice like take beer with grappa !

• 01-02-2009 12:33 PM In reply to

The cloth only came in blue or grey and blue corner panel went with blue cloth. The grey cloth models had whiteish anodised aluminium corner panels.

If you have seen red then that will have been a DIY recovering job and not original.

Replacements have not been available even from Lifestyle-AV for a number of years which is why mint examples of these speakers command such high prices.

If like me, you have a mint pair of Lab 5000's, I would recommend that you leave well alone and gaze at the beauty of your appreciating asset.

Regards Graham

• 01-02-2009 12:37 PM In reply to

I have seen blue and grey but not red. My 5000s are grey as are my 3000s. Red would be quite fun though!!
  • 01-02-2009 1:22 PM In reply to

Peter :
    I have seen blue and grey but not red. My 5000s are grey as are my 3000s. Red would be quite fun though!!

Blue cloth seems to be worth a bit more than grey and non matching corner square (ie blue with grey or vice verse) is the sign of a non original hybrid pair.

Red!?!? Perish the thought. Would be like having a Powder blue Ferrari or a baseball at Lords or a synogogue in the Vatican. Not done old boy, simply not done.

Regards Graham

• 01-02-2009 1:26 PM In reply to

Thanks for all your help, at least that is cleared up now.

To be honest I have always loved the look of the charcoal grey against the metal, however it was my fiancee trying to persuade me to change to red! At least I can now tell her that they dont exist.

What sort of value have these got now? I use my lab 5000s with a Beocenter 9500. All in excellent condition.

Cheers,

Roy

• 01-02-2009 1:51 PM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

Welcome to the Forum Roy! Yes -  thumbs up

Well, i can tell you that Red has been done by one of my customers!  Not on 5000's but 4500's - but here are the results!

Here's the thread for more images - http://forum.beoworld.org/forums/thread/142787.aspx

BeoWorld - Everything Bang & Olufsen

• 01-02-2009 1:56 PM In reply to

Royvdbb:

Thanks for all your help, at least that is cleared up now.

To be honest I have always loved the look of the charcoal grey against the metal, however it was my fiancee trying to persuade me to change to red! At least I can now tell her that they dont exist.

What sort of value have these got now? I use my lab 5000s with a Beocenter 9500. All in excellent condition.

Cheers,

Roy

Very much depends on condition. Mint, as new, unmarked are pretty much priceless. Some dealers are asking £1200 + for dented pairs!

Regards Graham

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)