in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 12-07-2008 12:58 PM by KingOfSnake. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-07-2008 12:29 PM

Beocenter 2 country of origin campatibility

Hi

Other than the issue of voltage needed (220 vs 120), are there any other compatibility issues with using an AUSTRALIAN  beocenter 2  in North America or more specifically, Canada?

I will be building a new house and can arrange to have 220 volts supplied to the location where the Beocenter 2 would be situated.  The question then becomes, will the Australian unit be capable of fully integrating into other North American pieces?  Can I still use N.A. B&O active speakers? a N.A. Beo 4 remote? use N.A LINK components?  etc.etc.

I am an original owner of a Beomaster 5500 which will now be put to secondary use.  I want to upgrade to more modern B&O equipment. I can't afford brand new and have the opportunity to wait for good values in the used market. Sometimes, this could mean a unit from international markets. That's why I'm wondering, other than the issue of voltage, is B&O equipment destined for various international markets all compatible?

Thanks.......Henry

Filed under:
  • 12-07-2008 12:38 PM In reply to

• Russ
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-07-2007
    • Washington, DC USA
    • Posts 641
    • Bronze Member

Re: Beocenter 2 country of origin campatibility

A couple of issues come to mind....

1)  The radio may not work properly.  FM (assuming that AUS uses the same specs as EU) will be OK, but not perfect as the frequencies overlap, but not completely.  AM likely not at all.

2)  The DVD section will not play DVD's purchased here.

Rather than have 220v run to the location why not look into the possibility of getting the appropriate (MK1 vs. MK2) socket box second-hand?

We kid because we love.

Bang & Olufsen Tysons Galleria

McLean, VA USA

• 12-07-2008 12:58 PM In reply to

Re: Beocenter 2 country of origin campatibility

I don't believe the region coding of a DVD player is an issue anymore.  Add Beoport and listen to internet radio stations. 

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)