in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-15-2008 4:13 PM by Medogsfat. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-15-2008 4:10 PM

• skd
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 06-07-2008
    • Posts 25
    • Bronze Member

Beosystem 3500 - CD issues: cable suspected

I have a brilliant beosystem 3500 which when first connected a few months back, after buying it on ebay, had the speakers about 6 inches apart (sadly)...

Now that i am moved into a new house it has a new home - it looks great in it's new position (hanging) and the speakers are where they should be

that is when i noticed that the CD was outputting left channel only... it may have been before but it was not used much (so it could have been a problem from the beginning)

the ipod on aux input and the tuner work just fine, both channels. and the ipod plugged into the CD port also provides both channels

all of which narrows it down to the CD, and hopefully the cable -

is there anything here, without any testing equipment, that i can do? i could see opening the back of the CD player and seeing if the cable appears terminated correctly but beyond that i am asking for suggestions - thanks for any ideas...!

• 11-15-2008 4:13 PM In reply to

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • *Moderator* Leeds, Yorkshire
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

Re: Beosystem 3500 - CD issues: cable suspected

I would start by checking the connections inside the DIN plug on the output cable. The plastic sheath will pull backwards up the cable without too much trouble.

Chris.

The use of metaphors should be avoided like the plague. They're like a red rag to a bull to me.

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)