in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 10-09-2008 10:53 AM by Kokomo. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-09-2008 7:37 AM

BOB:DC Bang & Olufsen A/S stock is going down...

I have the App Bloomberg installed on the iPod Touch. And was browsing for B&O info.

I was shocked.

Summary of the last 52 weeks: high 635, low 125, now 147.

Quote Bloomberg Oct. 9-2008:

Bang & Olufsen A/S (BOB DC): The Danish maker of luxury consumer electronics is scheduled to report earnings of the first quarter through August tomorrow. The shares fell 16 kroner, or 10 percent, to 141 kroner.

I hope for the best. 

• 10-09-2008 7:39 AM In reply to

• ®
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • UK
    • Posts 970
    • Founder

Re: BOB:DC Bang & Olufsen A/S stock is going down...

• 10-09-2008 7:50 AM In reply to

Highly underrated, I'd say. That's why I bought some yesterday Stick out tongue

The near future will be interesting times for people with cash to spare...

BTW the report came out hours ago. Nothing alarming, now just need to hope that the buying public in the UK didn't drop all their money into northern Atlantic...

-mika

• 10-09-2008 8:52 AM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

The entire market is funny at the moment... yes will be interesting to see where shares are in 12 months

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.”

Your health and well-being comes first and fore-most.

• 10-09-2008 9:07 AM In reply to

• Seanie_230
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-20-2007
    • Milton Keynes, England
    • Posts 962
    • Gold Member

shares are all over the place at the mo and the market is crashing with the government trying all they can to prop up high prices so the FTB cannot buy or can buy and end up in debt forever with a huge mortgage.

my other vice is www.housepricecrash.co.uk be warned its very very addictive

Beovision 7 MKIV (Blu Ray)
    Beolab 9

Beolab 6000
    Beo 4
    Beocenter 9300
    Apple TV
    SKY HD
    Optoma HD65 Projector
    Lintronic TT455-RT-238
    Beovision 3 MKII

• 10-09-2008 9:14 AM In reply to

seanklemis:

I used to visit this site, full of nothing but loons and wannabe prophets of doom.  There used to be a good number of posters who knew what they were talking about and had realistic opinions on the economy and its relationship with the housing market.

That said, every poster on this site thinks they know it all and everyday is practically a "black" day which is why many of the good posters have left.

Regarding the original post, shares will continue to bounce up and down for the foreeable future and well into 09, maybe even into 2010 before everything truly settles.

What we are looking at know will be discussed and digested for years to come, and will probably become a part of many a degree course in years to come on what can go wrong when greed takes control.

• 10-09-2008 10:53 AM In reply to

• Kokomo
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 08-21-2007
    • Spain
    • Posts 618
    • Bronze Member

mobeyone:
    seanklemis:

I used to visit this site, full of nothing but loons and wannabe prophets of doom.  There used to be a good number of posters who knew what they were talking about and had realistic opinions on the economy and its relationship with the housing market.

That said, every poster on this site thinks they know it all and everyday is practically a "black" day which is why many of the good posters have left.

Regarding the original post, shares will continue to bounce up and down for the foreeable future and well into 09, maybe even into 2010 before everything truly settles.

What we are looking at know will be discussed and digested for years to come, and will probably become a part of many a degree course in years to come on what can go wrong when greed takes control.

Somewhat ironic that an implied criticism of wealth accrued through greed is posted on a site dedicated to discussions of a luxury product by a company whose very existence and future survival is, arguably, in the hands of 'the greedy'.

Wink   

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)