in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 03-23-2009 8:48 AM by Evan. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-01-2009 8:01 AM

If B&O made an ipod dock in the 80's... PICTURES

Hi, I was just playing with some left over rosewood veneer and ended up veneering a remote ipod dock. Thought you'd enjoy the picks...

http://forum.beoworld.org/members/DouglasM/files/DSC00294.JPG.aspx

http://forum.beoworld.org/members/DouglasM/files/DSC00295.JPG.aspx

• 02-01-2009 5:13 PM In reply to

Re: If B&O made an ipod dock in the 80's... PICTURES

Wow thats a really nice dock cool idea..

tom

• 02-01-2009 5:29 PM In reply to

• Xseries
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Hampshire
    • Posts 433
    • Bronze Member

Beautifully put together.

I have always felt that timber finishes are an excellent option - perhaps starting with B&O when it was almost the ONLY finish puts some bias into the equation.  In those distant days it was teak or rosewood (palisander) with an odd white and then oak creeping in.

It would be interesting to see how some modern pieces would look in wood.   Beovison 5 / 9?  Not sure that the current rounded speakers would work - but a more rectangular Beolab 2 and 3 might? 

Brian

• 02-02-2009 3:01 AM In reply to

Beolab 2/3 spheres would be a chalenge but I think if the grain was run horizontaly, it could be done without too much fuss. You're right, it would look cool.

- D

• 02-02-2009 8:06 AM In reply to

Hey Douglas,

Beautiful work! 

Still haven't got my BM6000 sorted... been busy... maybe in the next few months.... if I have a problem I definitely know who I'm looking for!

Now, if I hadn't just gotten rid of my Ipod dock, (I disliked it immensely as it was white on a brown lacquer cabinet) ...  I now use wireless.... I would have definitely sent an order for one your way... maybe you could sell a few!

I also always loved the contrast of the beauty, warmth and richness especially of the rosewood against the cool aluminium and black glass. I think it is a true modenist ideal, beauty of natural materials such as timber , stone etc against the rigid man made steel and glass. 

Your BM 1900 looks great did you also re veneer that?

Laurence.

• 02-02-2009 9:58 AM In reply to

Yes, it was left over veneer from the 1900 I used.

Cheers,

- D

• 03-23-2009 8:48 AM In reply to

• Evan
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-15-2008
    • Ohio | USA
    • Posts 2,601
    • Gold Member

Well everyone, I know its a little late to reply but I was out shoppin for an iPod dock and Crosley is now making one that looks nearly identical to that one. Next trend maybe? haha

Evan

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)