in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 07-15-2008 1:43 PM by Peter. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-15-2008 1:03 PM

• kress
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 07-15-2008
    • Posts 1
    • Bronze Member

BG RX2

Dear Sirs

I’ve recently found my old BG RX2 in the attic; it has been there for over 15 years. I’ve plugged it in and it started right away. Fantastic

After looking around I’ve found this nice forum and was hoping to get some advice on the following matters.

To fully enjoy it I’ve probably need a new cartridge, the present one is MMC 5. My question is: What type of cartridge can I use, and where can I find them.

I’ve also need a Phono Preamp and I’ve would be very grateful for any suggestions

Do I need to clean oil or do something else with my RX2?

If I’ve want a better sounding Turntable then this one, what should I buy?

Thanks

• 07-15-2008 1:43 PM In reply to

Re: BG RX2

If you need a new cartridge, get a Soundsmith SMMC4. Quite expensive but the best value of the range. the more expensive ones would probably be wasted and are very pricey! I usually recommend a Gram Slee pre-amp - again get the cheapest one which will be better than most on the market. If the deck is working, apart from a clean, I would leave well alone!

Happy listening!

The RX2 is a good sounding deck with a fairly typical B&O sound - a little lightweight and not quite as detailed as some much more expensive decks but very easy to set up and will perform at its best almost immediately whereas the more non B&O expensive decks need tweaking and often will sound worse until sorted. I think it is probably better than most of the late tangential B&O decks as well!

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)