in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 07-07-2008 6:02 AM by Medogsfat. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-05-2008 9:23 PM

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • *Moderator* Leeds, Yorkshire
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

Beovox C75's

Just seen these C75 drivers for sale on ebay which made me sit up and take note as I have a pair with these exact drivers fitted which I always assumed were non - B&O replacements. The top drivers on mine needed refaoming but these (as in the link) were fine so I assumed they had been replaced by the previous owner as they are totally different in appearance too. Looking at the pictures though they do appear genuine B&O so I wondered if anyone else had C75's with the same differing drivers. The tweeters on mine are also the same as the ones on the sellers other items which are also different to the ones I have seen normally fitted.Confused

Chris.

The use of metaphors should be avoided like the plague. They're like a red rag to a bull to me.

• 07-06-2008 5:39 AM In reply to

• benkap
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Oslo, Norway
    • Posts 162
    • Bronze Member

Re: Beovox C75's

I believe these are indeed original C75 woofers.

I had a pair of C75's once - the bottom drivers had rubber surrounds whilst the top drivers similar to those of CX 50/100 had foam surrounds that needed replacement.
    I can't comment on the tweeters, though.

Suppose that this type of speakers, like the BG 400x series was continued with cheaper components.

Ben Smile 

• 07-06-2008 2:31 PM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

benkap:

I believe these are indeed original C75 woofers.

I had a pair of C75's once - the bottom drivers had rubber surrounds whilst the top drivers similar to those of CX 50/100 had foam surrounds that needed replacement.
    I can't comment on the tweeters, though.

Suppose that this type of speakers, like the BG 400x series was continued with cheaper components.

Ben Smile 

My Parents C75's have different drivers top & bottom too.

CraigSmile

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen..

• 07-07-2008 6:02 AM In reply to

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • *Moderator* Leeds, Yorkshire
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

I guess they are the genuine thing then. They just don't look right if you get whet I mean?

Chris.

The use of metaphors should be avoided like the plague. They're like a red rag to a bull to me.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)