in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 06-27-2008 10:57 AM by Hagen2000. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-27-2008 8:55 AM

Beolink Passive/Computer Amp.

I would like to connect some passive speakers to my computer via the audio (earphone) output socket.

Rather than buy a new amp or another pair of active speakers, I wondered whether it would be possible to use a Beolink Passive as a power (is this the right term?) amplifier.

Ideally, I would like to control the volume using the computer and not bother with using the IR receiver to switch on/off. 

Thanks in advance for any advice. 

• 06-27-2008 10:57 AM In reply to

Re: Beolink Passive/Computer Amp.

I think this should be possible. You will need an individual adapter though. You have to connect your computer´s output to the powerlink inputs of your BeoLink Passive. Furthermore you will need a control voltage (+5V to Pin 4 of the PowerLink connector) to tell the BeoLink Passive that it shall power-up. Eventually also Pin 1 needs to receive the control voltage - not sure. In this configuration neither an IR eye nor a MasterLink cable must be connected to the BeoLink Passive. An attenuator may be required if the earphone output level is too high (simply some resistors to divide the voltage). First try it at lowest volume possible!

Hagen

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)