in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 05-23-2008 10:32 AM by Graham1982. 12 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-22-2008 12:51 PM

• ®
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • UK
    • Posts 970
    • Founder

Avant picture problem

My picture has a shaded patch about the size of my hand in the top right quarter of the screen intermittently. I am trying to photograph it but I need a blank screen first to be able to take a picture. If I change channels it remains SAT/TV or other. After several channel changes or an off/on it disappears. Standby for photo.....

Any ideas. I will call my dealers as soon as I can create the fault on demand. 

• 05-22-2008 3:43 PM In reply to

• Bieele
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Netherlands
    • Posts 339
    • Bronze Member

Re: Avant picture problem

Sounds like it might be related to a magnetic field issue? Any possible magnetic sources present in that area? I once placed a phone on top of the tv temporarily that caused a disturbed picture in that corner.

Regards,

Bieele 

Heej zuij der alles veur gaeve En heej zaet ze mogen ut hebbe van meej
  • 05-22-2008 3:58 PM In reply to

Perhaps you can describe the shaded area in a little more detail:-

• Is it shaded a particular colour ?
    • Is the picture itself otherwise perfect, in other words is the picture de-formed in any way ?
    • Is the shading right in the corner itself ?

Regards Keith....

• 05-22-2008 4:17 PM In reply to

• ®
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • UK
    • Posts 970
    • Founder

Bieele:

Any possible magnetic sources present in that area? 

Nothings moved recently. I have Beolab 8000's a meter away and a Beolab 2 , but they been in the same place for some time.

• 05-22-2008 4:26 PM In reply to

• ®
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • UK
    • Posts 970
    • Founder

Keith Saunders:
    • Is it shaded a particular colour ?
    • Typically it doesn't happen when I have the camera ready. It appears as a darker shade of the background colour, however when I last saw it with a grey background it appeared coloured yellow/green like a fading bruise.
    • Is the picture itself otherwise perfect, in other words is the picture de-formed in any way ?
    • No the picture remains perfect, not deformed in any way.
    • Is the shading right in the corner itself ?
    • No half way from centre to top right hand corner.

Further info :

My wife uses picture and picture regularly. I have a security camera adjacent my front door connected via scart, V-TAPE to view. I have seen the fault on the P&P image then remain when the full TV image is selected for TV or SAT. 

• 05-22-2008 4:41 PM In reply to

Based on what you have said, I would say that the problem is going to be one of the following:-

• The de-gaussing is not working every time you switch the AVANT on. When you switch the AVANT on do you hear a hiss for a split second ? if you don't then the de-gaussing is the most likely cause. If this is the problem it is generally easy and cheap to fix.
    • An intermittent fault in the shadowmask of the tube. Lets hope its not that..
    • Fault with the signal to one of the tube control grids

Regards Keith....

• 05-22-2008 4:42 PM In reply to

If it's an old curved Avant, take the power off for 1H. To let it cool of. and then you will get a good degauss.
  • 05-22-2008 4:45 PM In reply to

• ®
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • UK
    • Posts 970
    • Founder

Its a 3 year old, latest software DVD version. I've  not seen the fault all night. My guess would be the P&P. When the sun comes out the camera over brightens. Does screen burn occur on CRT's and if so would it clear by changing channels several times? because that would explain things.
  • 05-22-2008 5:49 PM In reply to

You can move the PIP pic. (use the colors on beo4) and see if the problem follows it...
  • 05-22-2008 5:52 PM In reply to

• ®
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • UK
    • Posts 970
    • Founder

The Stig - ver. 1.7:
    You can move the PIP pic. (use the colors on beo4).

Doesn't work on mine? 

• 05-23-2008 3:34 AM In reply to

britops:

The Stig - ver. 1.7:
    You can move the PIP pic. (use the colors on beo4).

Doesn't work on mine? 

Hello Richard, 

Complete sequence in beo4 is as follow:
    while watching to a p-in-p window, search again "P-IN-P" then -> "GO" then -> "colour key" for each position.

A long time shine p-in-p running window can cause some strange colour changes in the screen spot concerned: my avant has this same "burning effect" (yellow shadow when background is white) if p-in-p keep showing a fixed image more than 10-15 mins.

Regards. 

Santiago

• 05-23-2008 8:36 AM In reply to

• ®
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • UK
    • Posts 970
    • Founder

I believe there is Picture-in-Picture in Europe but Picture-&-Picture in the UK. Therefore the Beo4 coloured buttons have no effect on my screen. As for the fault I can reproduce the fault by leaving the P&P picture displayed for more than 5 mins. The yellowish smudge appears and remains if I then swap to fullscreen SAT. More tests later (its my lunch hour now) but thanks very much for the help so far.
  • 05-23-2008 10:32 AM In reply to

I don't know if it is the same with CRTs. However, to get burn out of plasmas, you can fill the screen with a white source and leave it running, this will remove other colour burns.

One option would be to connect a vhs up that typically has a blue OSD. If you can change the background colour to white and remove all symbols from the screen. Obviously it won't work if you leave symbols on the screen etc as it will burn these in instead.

Page 1 of 1 (13 items)