in Search

Burdened with Guilt

Latest post 05-08-2009 7:52 PM by Jandyt. 12 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-08-2009 5:39 AM

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Nr. Durham, NE England.
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

Burdened with Guilt

I feel really guilty that we have this Group and yet don't use itEmbarrassed

I've struggled to think of a good way to ensure it is in use on a regular basis - does anyone have any ideas to make the Wed© Group "the place to be"??Cool

Generally speaking, you aren't learning much if your lips are moving.

• 05-08-2009 2:38 PM In reply to

Re: Burdened with Guilt

hmmm...

well, i miss that the old threads are deleted... was fun to have the annual trivia contest...

perhaps we could use this as a repository for "snippets" of the funniest Wednesday© conversations/thoughts/phrases/pictures/whoop points... a veritable hall of shame?

• B&o bottle opener
  • 05-08-2009 3:20 PM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

Good idea!

I too miss the old threads - you wouldn't believe how much I've laughed when re-reading them to set the competitionBig Smile

In recent weeks I really enjoyed the Giraffe "thread within a thead"

There are some really witty things written that don't see the end of the week! It's a real shame but I can understand the Mods not wanting their B&O site full up with drunken ramblingsLaughing

Ignore my PM (sigh......... conversation) - I see now that you were adding the jandyt picture rather than stalking him!Laughing

• 05-08-2009 3:25 PM In reply to

Puncher:
    Ignore my PM (sigh......... conversation) - I see now that you were adding the jandyt picture rather than stalking him!

and like is said on wed-threds... "great minds... blah blah blah" ...i just responded to your PM that i was uploading the "Jandyt" file... Erm Laughing and that likely caused my seeming stalking... besides, he is not my type! Ick!

• B&o bottle opener
  • 05-08-2009 3:31 PM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

I think he's less of a type - more an isotope!Big Smile

Oo errr............he'll be able to read this!Unsure

I've just looked to see if the "giraffe" thread was still with us - I was going to see how the "giraffe only" parts edited together and whether it was worth keeping, alas it's gone to the great thread repositry in the sky.

• 05-08-2009 3:41 PM In reply to

As this forum is within your Wednesday group and uses a different database, it will remain un-deleted.

Regards Keith....

• 05-08-2009 4:07 PM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

Good evening KeithSmile - thanks for that.

I wouldn't propose keeping a great lot - it's just that some evenings the thread shoots off on a completely unexpected tangent and there can be some golden moments. What I'm thinking is that, if it does happen, maybe the edited "thread within a thread" could be preserved for posterity. Who knows, if we keep the really funny bits (with all of the intervening drivel edited out) it could be quite a good read!

I doubt it will be every week.

It's certainly worth a trial, I'll keep a weather eye open for next time someone is funny on a Wednesday©Laughing

• 05-08-2009 4:09 PM In reply to

Puncher:
    It's certainly worth a trial, I'll keep a weather eye open for next time someone is funny on a Wednesday©

good luck Indifferent

Laughing

• B&o bottle opener
  • 05-08-2009 5:15 PM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

I may have changed my mind!Unsure

I've had a trial run with this week's thread and copied together all of the posts with a "Halibut" reference.

It seems that it isn't as funny as it is in context, it lacks the refernces from the "quotes", I'd overlooked the fact that the posts can come in "out of sequence" and it took a good while to do! Anyhoo, here it is -

Re: I can't make Wednesday© ......................... my Halibut died.

BTW, I was having smoked halibut the other day. I hope it wasn't your old pet, Puncher!

mika

Smoked Halibut!! Disgusting!!
    13 days now!

jandyt

Sshhh - don't mention smoking Halibut in front of Andy, they don't come in an electric version (of course he could try Eel without risk to his health)!

Puncher

would that be a congerette?

Jeff

How odd!
    I was just about to *** you Puncher for using a capital E for eel, when I realised I had used a capital H for halibut.

Jandyt

Many years ago a friend was in a band that went by the name 'Tubilah Dog'. When I asked how they got the name, he explained it was 'God Halibut' backwards.

Simon

Wasn't "Tubilah Bells" a somewhat popular album by some wannabe prog-rock artist?

Mika

Halibut are greatly underrated both as pets and instruments!

Puncher

I used to fish for halibut with my granddad when I was a child. Nice memories.

Fridsten

Hey Fridsten - don't apologise,  did you ever keep one as a pet?

Puncher

It's a little known fact but Halibut can be trained to speak (assuming of course that you can lip-read.........they have trouble with sign language)!

Puncher

Is this true?
    I am frankly amazed!

Jandyt

I am perplexed by what a halibut would say, though. "Good evening, sir. Have you seen Luca Brasi?"

Mika

How weird is that ............ my Halibut who just died was called Frank His vocabulary was just at the stage whereby he could mouth simple sentences and we could have basic conversations about the day's events!

He certainly was amazing!

Puncher

*googles Halibut*

Luke

I'll let you guys into a little secret.
    Many years ago, I had a 14 stone halibut in the back of my lorry.
    This is absolutely true!

Jandyt

I think you're all being particularly insensitive!............ Frank's parents died a long time ago (in fish years) and so there'll be no members (or fillets) of his immediate family at his burial

Puncher

Reading all this stuff about Halibut and Frank I wonder if it is true that fish have a memory of only 5 seconds?

Beocool

Were you giving him a lift somewhere? Did he have much to say?

btw - we're giving Frank a Civil send off as, all of his life, he was particularly scared of the priest!

Puncher

That's only Goldfish!

Puncher

Talking about Goldfish:

I ate our neighbour’s goldfish when I was six. But I didn't chew it. Nobody noticed it for some ours, but later I had to admit that it was me. I had to buy a new one (and earn some money)  and take care of it for a month.

Tom

Yes, this particular halibut had been caught by Spanish fishermen of the north coast of Scotland, and rather than sailing back to Ondarra with it, I was to truck it from Lochinver to Ondarra.
    On the way down, we got quite pally, and it turned out that she was called Ginny and had come from a family of entertainers.
    She had been a member of a troupe of dancing halibut called "Ginny the halibut and friends".
    Their piece de resistance was dancing naked to Saint Saens Organ Concerto (Babe the pig theme tune).

Jandyt

- that reminds me of the old "Candid Camera" Goldfish joke! - a guy (in front of a hidden camera) would dip his hand into a tank of Goldfish and pull out (while wiggling it) a concealed sliver of Carrot and promptly eat it! Passers by were horrified

It has since been done many times but it is still funny every time you see the spectators faces!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92DPi1Idz3E

Puncher

I think I once saw them perform on Blackpool Central Pier!

Puncher

Did you really?
    Ginny was the tall one in the middle.

Jandyt

I've just been going through Frank's things and came across this picture of his Dad's funeral

Puncher

D'ya know, Puncher. I'm sure I recognise him.
    Ginny had some old photo's, I wonder.........

Jandyt

Evening Stonk  - did you know Frank??

Puncher

Only briefly. It was a (in a) port in a storm

Stonk

I forgot to say - I'd like to dedicate my 5000th post to Frank - a true friend!

Puncher

What's bizarre?
    Bass Giraffes, Lip-reading and naked dancing halibut!
    It's Wednesday©

Jandyt

Sorry for the late reply. I had to get to bed early last night, since I have a cold coming. [:'(]

Sorry, no pets, we just killed them, fried them and ate them. Yummy! We went fishing for eel also. Smoked eel is good.

Fridsten (Thursday)

• 05-08-2009 7:25 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

Excuse me.
    What picture????

Poor me, never win owt!

• 05-08-2009 7:35 PM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

It was burantek's "simpsons" picture of you ...................... but it seems to have disappeared!Huh?

• 05-08-2009 7:49 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

No, I found it and made comment.
    I think there is great potential in this group, just waiting for one of us to sort it out.

Poor me, never win owt!

• 05-08-2009 7:52 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

Just click the group, then in t'box on the right, click media.
    All those millions of pictures we have downloaded can go in there!
    That would stop em being deleted every week.

Poor me, never win owt!

Page 1 of 1 (13 items)