in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-28-2012 6:50 AM by tournedos. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-26-2012 8:46 PM

Beo4 Remote Problems & BeoSound 9000 Electronic Whine

Hello everyone. My setup is finally complete but not without teething issues.

Issue 1: Since the masterlink was finished, the remote crashes regularly whether or not I press a button. The screen goes blank, blackens all then pixels, then comes on under the TV setting regardless of what source was selected previously. It never displays 'Battery' and the batteries are fresh. Has anyone had this problem before? I have reset the remote but to no avail. It failed in it the dealer showroom, as well.

Issue 2: My 9000 is a mk1 (1997) and emits a high pitched whine during CD playback through the speakers. It is more noticable with CD from 1988 than from 1998. My dealer claims it is the analog nature of the original audio mastering being converted by the analog-digital coverter in the 9000 and that newer model 9000s make no such whine. This sounds far fetched to me. Any thoughts?

• 02-27-2012 3:52 AM In reply to

Re: Beo4 Remote Problems & BeoSound 9000 Electronic Whine

Regarding the Beo4, I suspect bad contacts in the battery compartment or its wiring, or corrosion on the circuit board. Are there any signs of batteries having leaked in the past? It could also be just plain faulty, although that is quite rare.

In any case, I don't think it will be cost effective to have the dealer fix it - unless you're willing and able to tinker with it yourself, you might just get a new one at a popular auction site and flock the old one with the fault described. I believe it would still sell nicely and you wouldn't lose much in the end.

On issue 2, I can't really help but I certainly don't buy the explanation you were given.

-mika

• 02-27-2012 1:56 PM In reply to

Thank you for your reply, tournedos.

The batteries do not seem to have leaked. The remote is not yet a year old. When it was just controlling the BeoVision, it had no problems. The dealer did agree to replace it no charge, but so far its been an odd introduction to newer B&O products. It would surprise me as well if the remote is just plain faulty but at this point I'm wondering if that's exactly what has happened.

I'm glad you don't buy the explanation for issue 2 either. I have a feeling they were trying to avoid problem solving something. I'll have to search around a little more to see if anyone else with a MK1 has the whining.

• 02-28-2012 6:50 AM In reply to

Oh, the remote was that new - an obvious warranty job then.

I hope you get forward with the BS9000 issue as well.

-mika

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)