in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-28-2012 12:42 PM by nihildk. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-28-2012 7:26 AM

Forcing Beolab 8000 speakers to on

Hello,

I have to Beolab 8000 speakers which I use for front speakers in my Sorround system.

I am using a NAD T755 reciever, where I have connected the two Beolab 8000 speakers to the "Pre-Amp" outputs. The problem is that one of the speakers keeps shutting off, and then the light turns red. I can then disconnect power, and it plays just fine for another 2-3 minutes, until it once again shuts off. It is only one of the speakers - so there must be something with it.

Anyway - is there a way I can use the "Trigger" on the reciever to keep the Beolab 8000 speakers turned on at all times?

I have googled and searched, and found some diagrams. I can see that with a powerlink connection I should be able to put 4,7 volts from the Trigger output on the reciever to pin 4 in the powerlink connection to the speaker, and in that way the speaker should keep turned on when the reciever is turned on? Even though nothing is coming through the RCA cables.

Can I just buy one of these cables:

http://www.av-connection.dk/?PGr=2456&ML=328

Cut it open, and connect the pin 4 cable to the Trigger output on my reciever and then it will work? Im guessing I need to put in 680ohm to make the 12 volt coming out of the Trigger output to 4,7 volts for the Beolab ?

Or can I buy one of these:

http://www.av-connection.dk/?PGr=1645&ML=328

And this will do the trick all by it self?

Thank you very much!

• 01-28-2012 7:47 AM In reply to

Re: Forcing Beolab 8000 speakers to on

Could you have a faulty RCA cable or something, as they should stay on, if they have a signal.

-Andreas

BLab5, BLab5000, BLab8000, BV10, BS9000, BS3, Beo5, Beo4, BLink1000, BLink5000, BLink7000, A2, A8, Form2

• 01-28-2012 9:11 AM In reply to

I have tried switching the RCA cables between the two speakers. Makes no difference... And tried switching the outputs on the reciever. 

The weird thing is that it played perfectly for the last week since I got the speakers. It just started this morning shutting of, and has continued since. And only the left one does it. I adjusted some things on my reciever last night, but none of this should have any influence. And when I cut the power to the speaker for 2-3 seconds and plug it in again, it plays just fine for another 2-3 minutes and then shuts off... 

Doesn't matter which cable I put in which speaker, or which output I use on the reciever. The same speaker shuts off. So I'm guessing some kind of faulty circuit in that speaker??

Weird, huh?

• 01-28-2012 9:24 AM In reply to

If the speaker shut of after a time playing, its a sign that something is wrong, in the speaker or the connection.

Here a trigger

Beosound 3000, BL 4000, BL 8000, BG 2404,BG 5000, BG CD50, Beocord 5000, BM 901, BM 2400, BM 4000, BV S45, BV 3702. There is nothing we cannot do, but a lot of things we don't want to do!!

• 01-28-2012 10:23 AM In reply to

• Step1
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 07-06-2008
    • Manchester
    • Posts 961
    • Gold Member

Maybe the built in amp is over heating and shutting down. That would makes sense with the consistancy of the fault. Just sorry I can't help you more as I am not experienced with this setup.

Olly.

• 01-28-2012 12:42 PM In reply to

It's sure not overheating, cause it happens randomly even though very low volume music has been played.

None-the-less, I've just ordered Phono-->Powerlink cables with built in Trigger for the B&O speakers.

And just after I ordered them, I put on X-Men in Blu-Ray with DTS sound and the speakers played perfectly all through the movie. Have now been playing medium-volume music for 1 hour, and they are still playing.

I really don't get this... Not sure if I should cancel the order for the Powerlink cables, and bet my money that the speakers will work from now and on... Hmm!

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)