in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-25-2012 4:54 AM by beaker. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-27-2012 3:44 PM

900RG Compact in Rosewood

I spotted this 900RG Compact radiogram, and decided to keep an eye on it.  As we previously discussed, they had a bit if a spike in value about 3 years ago, but even though that calmed down a bit I'd say I got quite a bargain - especially as it's not far away from where I live.

As you may remember, I have some experience of the 900 chassis and the Beogram 1000, so I'm not worried there so much - just wish I still had the spare 1000 that I was keeping for spare parts, but threw away when I was leaving for Russia... Sad

Anyway, it will be arriving one day next week, and I'll keep you all posted.  In the meantime, here's a pic of my 'Wyndham' 900K and Beogram 1000 setup, taken a couple of weeks ago during a fettling session to correct out-of-phase phono preamp wiring.

PS: I wasn't so clever in other areas - I let this get away :(

Ray

Я люблю Банг и Oлуфсен

• 01-30-2012 4:05 PM In reply to

Re: 900RG Compact in Rosewood

I have a compact and let me tell you that you will not be disappointed with it. Great looks and surprisingly good sound. Much better than a 900. I never really listen to mine and use it more as a bit of furniture for other systems to sit on but fired it up recently and was reminded just how sweet it sounds. Enjoy yours.
  • 01-30-2012 7:21 PM In reply to

Thanks Beaker.  I had a few cast-off radiograms when I was a kid, and generally speaking I like the sound for certain types of music.  I'm hoping to find a Beocord to partner it, and there's a 1500 on ebay at the moment I fancy having a punt at. I'm hoping to give it fairly regular use in my dining room, and move the 900K+BG1000 system back into my office.  I currently have my Beocenter7700+CDX+CX50 system in the livingroom.  The 900K has an Airport Express plugged into the tape socket, so I can use it as an Airplay speaker for my iMac, with the interface on my iPhone/iPad.  It's almost a Beolit 12 :)

Ray

Я люблю Банг и Oлуфсен

• 02-05-2012 8:04 AM In reply to

Well I just bought this to go with it.  I probably won't use it much, but since when has that ever stopped us?... Erm

Ray

Я люблю Банг и Oлуфсен

• 02-24-2012 6:27 PM In reply to

Well it's here, and after a good clean I'm very pleased. Ideally I'd want it French Polishing, but for now a good wash and some linseed oil has made a huge difference to the lustre of the wood...not to mention the dead spider collection....  Huh?

The turntable is toast- as well as not turning it's rusted badly under the paint, so I'll replace rather than repair, and keep this one for parts.

I installed my recently acquired Beocord 1500 Deluxe in the place provided (you wouldn't know it was a teak one unless you looked really closely), and it looks great, although the seller appears to have been right about the recording problem (i.e. it doesn't..)  The VU meters move with the source, so I think it's a switching problem, and I'll have a good poke around when I get a big enough space on my desk.

Plugging in an Apple Airport Express turns it into a very impressive AirPlay speaker - it really does sound great.

It's now providing music in my dining room, and my 'Wyndham' 900K is now back in the office with the matching Beogram 1000.

Not the best pic, but you'll get the idea:

The only thing missing is a stereo decoder board...  anyone got one for sale? Embarrassed

Ray

Я люблю Банг и Oлуфсен

• 02-25-2012 4:54 AM In reply to

Thats odd, I would have thought that it came as standard on the radiograms. Also, I just sold one a couple of weeks ago :(

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)