in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 06-08-2010 8:29 AM by stefan. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-07-2010 8:10 AM

• northswede
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-29-2010
    • Stockholm, Sweden
    • Posts 32
    • Bronze Member

BeoConnect or BeoPlayer to manage BM5/BS5?

Hi!

I have purchased an BM5/BS5 combo and are more then happy with it.

I'm currently using the new BeoConnect software to transfer my music to the BeoMaster unit, but I'm curious what software other owners are using? My opinion about the BeoConnect is that it's very basic and I think that I will manage my music through windows explorer and the Z: drive (mapped from BM5 share by BeoConnect) instead of letting it transfer files from Windows MediaPlayer.

Is BeoPlayer a better solution?

Current collection: BeoVision 7-40 mk III, BeoLab 7-4, BeoLab 3 and BeoSound/BeoMaster 5.

Seriously, it's a beautiful package of excellent and awesomeness!

• 06-07-2010 4:32 PM In reply to

• Stan
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 593
    • Gold Member

Re: BeoConnect or BeoPlayer to manage BM5/BS5?

Most people do not like BeoPlayer because (like most B&O designs) it doesn't offer a lot of control in managing music.  It does what it does and if you like it, that's great.  If you wish you could change how it organizes (especially double-cds), change display, etc., then you will probably be frustrated.  I happen to like BeoPlayer because it does what I want with minimal fuss, but I'm also not that particular about how double-cds and/or complilations are handled.

The reason for BeoConnect (I've used it on Mac) is that you can use iTunes or WMP to manage your music (I personally find Windows Media Player a exercise in frustration, but do like iTunes).  It addresses the most common complaints of BeoPlayer - why can't BeoPlayer do X, Y, Z like iTunes or WMP.  That is, if you prefer iTunes or WMP, then use them.  As such, it is very basic.  Simple connectivity and transfer.  If you know how to setup and map a drive to your BM5, I doubt if it offers any improvement.

Bottom line is it's all personal preference.  If you currently use and like WMP or iTunes, then chances are you will not be won over by BeoPlayer.  You you might like something different, give BeoPlayer a try.  The one advantage to BeoPlayer is that it can play music directly from the BM5.

Stan

• 06-08-2010 4:16 AM In reply to

• northswede
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-29-2010
    • Stockholm, Sweden
    • Posts 32
    • Bronze Member

Thanks Stan for your input.

I'll beleve that I will continue with the manual approach for the time being, but I can admitt that it's appealing that BeoPlayer can play music directly from the BeoMaster!

Current collection: BeoVision 7-40 mk III, BeoLab 7-4, BeoLab 3 and BeoSound/BeoMaster 5.

• 06-08-2010 7:10 AM In reply to

• stefan
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • 200 miles from Struer
    • Posts 1,733
    • Founder

Completely agree with Stan. I`m using Beoplayer on my Macbook and my Mac mini via Parallels. Copying CDs lossless to BM5 is very easy, and you can wake up your BM5 from Beoplayer and play music wireless and simultaneously play N.MUSIC or N.RADIO in your Beolink system.

Stefan

• 06-08-2010 8:09 AM In reply to

• northswede
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-29-2010
    • Stockholm, Sweden
    • Posts 32
    • Bronze Member

stefan:

Completely agree with Stan. I`m using Beoplayer on my Macbook and my Mac mini via Parallels. Copying CDs lossless to BM5 is very easy, and you can wake up your BM5 from Beoplayer and play music wireless and simultaneously play N.MUSIC or N.RADIO in your Beolink system.

Stefan

The ability to wake up the BM5 unit and play music from it is an interesting feature!

Does BeoPlayer transfer photos as well?

• 06-08-2010 8:29 AM In reply to

• stefan
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • 200 miles from Struer
    • Posts 1,733
    • Founder

"Does BeoPlayer transfer photos as well?"

Yes - and you can watch your photos via Beoplayer.

Stefan

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)