in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-01-2011 6:10 PM by mbee. 23 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (24 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-01-2009 2:36 AM

• George
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 05-22-2009
    • Greece
    • Posts 44
    • Gold Member

Really cool and rare soundtracks ( and some commentary on their movies )

Apologies if that thread already exists first of all as I am very new  here. I have been buying soundtracks for 25 years or so now as I really like cinema and movies . without too much thought will list some of the rare , out of the ordinary soundtracks that well sound superb on the Beosound 9000  I recently bought

(1) Manhunter soundtrack - movie from M Mann, the original Hanniball Lecteur movie. Very good 80s sound for those who like that era

(2) Colonel Chabert - the movie with G Departieu - the book by H Balzac , one of my best movies, the opening scene of the Napoleonic era after the battle scene with all the dead bodies, horses, cannons etc is a monumental scene and the soudtrack with Beethoven , Bach and other is a very good selection. Also a great movie to watch and hard to find

(3) Aguirre - wrath of God - all music by Popol Vuh - ethnic sounds, considered one of the best electronic , alternative music albums of the 70s

(4) 2001 : A space odyssey . Amazing sound quality . Classic pieces

(5)  The last Temptation of Christ. The movie by M Scortzese he considers it his best and so do I . Ethnic music by Peter Gabriel mixed with electronic, one of the best soundtracks i have ever heard and apparently he wrote the music at Gesthemanee that he visited  to get inspired to write music abou the life of Christ

(6) Vanilla Sky - that very strang movie with Tom Cruise has an interesting mix from Bob Dylan to REM and others. Rare diversities in one album

(7) The thin Red line. Great soundtrack and sound quality , some of the tracks are very complex music pieces

(8) Star Wars . cant beat the original theme on high volume on a pair of 8000s I reckon . very good recording sound quality

(9) Engineering Symphony - Porsche  Engine Sounds. Only for pistonheads  Stick out tongue

(10) Halo 3 Soundtrack - Its by far one of the best computer games soundtracks. Amazing sounds and by far a great creation. Very underrrated in my opinion and its a shame

Cheers ,

George Whistle

Carpe Diem

• 08-01-2009 2:27 PM In reply to

Re: Really cool and rare soundtracks ( and some commentary on their movies )

Trainspotting

Watchmen

These come to mind only due to watching them again recently...

Train Hard - Run Fast - Hit to Kill!!!

• 08-02-2009 6:45 AM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Nr. Durham, NE England.
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

Apollo: Atmospheres and Soundtracks

Originally for a documentary "For all Mankind" but tracks have been used for a mulitude of movies and TV programmes.

I'l bet everyone has heard the track ”An Ending (Ascent)” somewhere on TV without even noticing!

Generally speaking, you aren't learning much if your lips are moving.

• 08-02-2009 9:34 AM In reply to

George :

(9) Engineering Symphony - Porsche  Engine Sounds. Only for pistonheads  Stick out tongue

I certainly would like that Engineering Symphony! Other favourite of mine is the well known soundtrack from Once upon a time in the West.

Beoworld's twenty-eighth ninth prize winner and fifty-first second prize winner. Best £30 I've ever spent!

• 08-02-2009 9:58 AM In reply to

George :

(5)  The last Temptation of Christ. The movie by M Scortzese he considers it his best and so do I . Ethnic music by Peter Gabriel mixed with electronic, one of the best soundtracks i have ever heard and apparently he wrote the music at Gesthemanee that he visited  to get inspired to write music abou the life of Christ

I have this one too and it is really amazing. As is the movie, but I don't think I can bear to watch it ever again Unsure

Aguirre (the movie) is somewhere as here well. I'll need to watch it again and pay more attention to the music.

-mika

• 08-02-2009 12:48 PM In reply to

• George
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 05-22-2009
    • Greece
    • Posts 44
    • Gold Member

Yes , that track and that album is really good!!!. great to listen to and in a room with an echo i reckon too

Carpe Diem

• 08-02-2009 3:25 PM In reply to

• Michael
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-23-2007
    • Atlanta, USA
    • Posts 318
    • Founder

Ridley Scott's Black Rain Soundtrack by Hans Zimmer.  

Rare 

Genre defining.

Composer defining.

Cool as hell... and probably the best programing ever by Hans back when he was still using a Fairlight CMI to compose on.

-Michael

• 08-02-2009 4:11 PM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

Puncher:

Apollo: Atmospheres and Soundtracks

Originally for a documentary "For all Mankind" but tracks have been used for a mulitude of movies and TV programmes.

I'l bet everyone has heard the track ”An Ending (Ascent)” somewhere on TV without even noticing!

Uncanny!

Tonight's edition of Top Gear has just finished - as the closing item they played just about the whole of ”An Ending (Ascent)” over the Aston Martin V12 Vantage review, with almost no spoken commentary!

• 08-02-2009 7:19 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

Uncanny, or is there a Beoworlder on the team???

Poor me, never win owt!

• 08-03-2009 3:16 AM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

Jandyt:

Uncanny, or is there a Beoworlder on the team???

Jezza does seem to have access to my record collection! Actually, according to the Wiki link I posted, it's not the first time they've used this particular track over car items.

See, I told you it was a good track - even Jezza agreesBig Smile

• 08-03-2009 12:00 PM In reply to

• Michael
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-23-2007
    • Atlanta, USA
    • Posts 318
    • Founder

"An Ending" was playing in my car the other day with my five year old.  He normally hates my varied musical taste and insists on the silly "kids" music that somehow finds it's way into our house.  He was real quiet for a long time and then said "Daddy, I like this music."

I was so proud that I told his mother when we got home.

I figure Brian Eno is as good of a solid foundation for electronic music as mozart is for classical.

-Michael

• 08-03-2009 12:04 PM In reply to

• Michael
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-23-2007
    • Atlanta, USA
    • Posts 318
    • Founder

Puncher:
    it's not the first time they've used this particular track over car items.

I've heard it atleast on two other occasions I believe.  I think they have a pretty well rounded pool of "needle drop" music.

-Michael

• 08-03-2009 2:27 PM In reply to

• George
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 05-22-2009
    • Greece
    • Posts 44
    • Gold Member

i just got it and listened to that track Ascent. I have definitely heard it before. I assume its title and theme is about the lunar apollo mission when they were leaving the moon ... is that correct ?

Try capturing that moment with a piece of music... really good piece of electronic music and very pleased becuase of this thread i heard it and have it now ...Smile

Carpe Diem

• 08-04-2009 2:20 PM In reply to

I like the soundtrack from Koyaanisqatsi by Philip Glass... Good film too.

Beoworld's twenty-eighth ninth prize winner and fifty-first second prize winner. Best £30 I've ever spent!

• 11-27-2009 9:32 PM In reply to

I suggest the soundtrack to the movie "The Fountain" by Clint Mansell... really a great piece of music at a very good sound quality.

Hope you enjoy!

Stephan

• 01-10-2010 9:29 AM In reply to

One of the best movies of the past years: Into the wild

Soundtrack by Eddie Vedder (Pearl Jam) great music with great pictures!

I think most movies of Sean Penn have great photography and are worth watching.

• 01-31-2010 6:13 PM In reply to

• beoblok
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-19-2008
    • Finland
    • Posts 80
    • Bronze Member

Bo Hansson: "Lord Of The Rings" (music inspired by the book).

("Magician's Hat" also really worth it)

Ry Cooder: "Paris Texas" and "Crossroads"

Tom Waits: "The Black Rider" : The Casting of the Magic Bullets (musical fable)

and really worth it, "Alice" songs written for the play Alice

• 02-01-2010 4:34 PM In reply to

• Tom
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Luxembourg
    • Posts 3,175
    • Bronze Member

Trainspotting has one of my favorite soundtracks. In the same league, but even better, is the soundtrack from PULP FICTION. Marvelous!

Also very good, with a lot of diversity is the soundtrack from Forrest Gump.

Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life. - Berthold Auerbach

• 03-10-2010 4:57 PM In reply to

My little collection:

1) Forrest Gump (nice rock/pop sampler)

2) Music of Ennio Morricone (Sampler) (Why do I always get an uneasy feeling around my neck listening to a mouth orgen?)Hmm

3) Käptn Blaubär - Die Musik (Walter Moers/wdr)

4) Men in BlackCool

5) Paris-Texas (Listen to the scene in the "confessionary"!)

6) Roadmusic by Wim Wenders (including: Die Angst des Tormanns beim Elfmeter, Der scharlachrote Buchstabe, Falsche Bewegung, Der amerikanische Freund, Der Stand der Dinge, Wings of Desire)

7) Vangelis: 1492 Conquest of Paradise

8) Vangelis: The City

9) Music by Ry Cooder (Sampler) (You'll never forget the slide guitar out of Paris - Texas)

10) Philipp Glass: Music from The Screens

11) Philipp Glass: Koyaanisqatsi

12) Philipp Glass: Kundun (10-12: marvellous!)

13) Peter Thomas: Raumpatrouille Orion (a German SF series out of the 60ies)

and the MYST series without Myst V but with:

14) Robin Miller: Myst

15) Robin Miller: Riven

16) Jack Wall: Myst III Exile

17) Jack Wall: Myst IV Revelation (I am a lucky and happy owner) (In Europe it was sold only once by Ubisoft - I think about 1,000 copies)

18) Tim Larkin: Myst - uru music

19) MoNTY PYT#oN sings (Sampler looking on the bright side of life too)

20) Neil Young: Dead Man (Don't watch the movie, if you are in a bad mood, you see too much of today's (!) violence not only in the wild west)[:'(]

21) The Graduate (Ask Mrs Robinson for further instructions)Embarrassed

iPoditiv

• 03-17-2010 3:01 PM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

Blade Runner has a wonderful soundtrack, might have to dig out the CD now.

CraigSmile

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen..

• 12-29-2010 6:49 PM In reply to

• Chris
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-09-2010
    • Last of the Summer Wine Country, Yorkshire, UK
    • Posts 195
    • Gold Member

If you like music from Top Gear try Ludovico Einaudi - I remember listening to it a few years ago when Jezza was road testing the Mercedes Black

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEKd1kePye8 = Top Gear

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMoVW-paT3w = try this for size! Perfect!!!

Beosound 8, Beotalk 1100, Beocom 4, A8 Headphones, Form 2 Headphones, Apple iPhone 4S, iPod Classic, iPad 1, Sky+ HD, Sony Playstation 3, Jacob Jensen T10, Lutron Rania IR Dual Dimmer/ Accesory dimmer, B+O A9 Keyring (SOLD), Beolit 600 (SOLD), Apple Airport Express, Beo5

• 01-25-2011 8:06 PM In reply to

Tron legacy!
  • 02-01-2011 5:30 PM In reply to

• Vahan
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 01-28-2011
    • Posts 1
    • Bronze Member

The soundtrack by Hans Zimmer INCEPTION especially the tracks Paradox, Time & One simple idea

• 02-01-2011 6:10 PM In reply to

• mbee
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-18-2007
    • Paris, France
    • Posts 1,133
    • Bronze Member

I also like Inception, Tron : Legacy and The Dark Knight soundtracks very much... I will add the soundtrack from Moon, by Clint Mansell to this list. Simply hypnotic.

Page 1 of 1 (24 items)