in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 10-24-2010 2:53 PM by Maurice . 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-24-2010 8:25 AM

• Maurice
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 11-26-2007
    • United Kingdom
    • Posts 56
    • Silver Member

Only 4 hrs to standby.....

Hi Beoworld,

once again i find myself at the mercy of you  experts in the WWW. A newly discovered problem is as follows. I have my BS9000 connected via Masterlink to my BV3/32 "think the most basic setup possible" just the BV3, Masterlink lead and BS9000 thats it no extra speakers, "as yet" The sound is really wonderful for the first 4 hrs then "SHUTDOWN" both items go to standby. A little annoying, it will start ok as soon as i press CD on the remote, i cant recolect this happening when i was listening to the BS9000 on headphones "just that no masterlink connections". Any help much apprechiated,  BTW BV3 is set on opt 2 and BS9000 on default opt 0. one other thing, when the system is on and i alter the sound there is no visual cue on the CD clamper to indicate the volume, (In the NO Masterlink config there is a visual cue), and of course the BV3 goes to no picture mode as it should so i have no visual just the green led on BV3 blinking to confirm.

Regards Maurice.

• 10-24-2010 12:11 PM In reply to

Re: Only 4 hrs to standby.....

Hi Maurice,

I would check the "auto standby" feature in the TV setup menu. It defaults to standby after 4 hours of remote inactivity. Meaning if no commands are sent via the remote, the TV will shut off. That feature can be turned off in the TV menu. As for the lack of volume indication through the 9000, it is as it should be in your configuration. You aren't using the volume control of the 9000, the volume is controled through the TV, so you will only get the green led blink to confirm. If you press "menu,menu" on the remote while listening to a CD the BV3 will turn on and then you will get a visual indication of volume level changes on the screen.

Hope that helps!

• 10-24-2010 2:53 PM In reply to

• Maurice
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 11-26-2007
    • United Kingdom
    • Posts 56
    • Silver Member

Re: Only 4 hrs to standby.....

Hi Dixon

thanks for your very prompt and comprehensive reply, OK ive gone into the BV3 Menue then to Timer play, then Source Standby and only the finish time is highlighted which i have put to all the 000 and OK, Is what i have done "auto stanby"? i am not sure i cant find anything else in the menu "SETUP" eg  Tune, sound, Picture,Connections Menue or Clock.

Regards Maurice

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)