in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 03-29-2010 7:30 AM by vikinger. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-16-2009 5:12 PM

beomaster 1200

Hi

i have found a beomaster 1200 in good condition working great but......

the three wheels and maybe some spring of the radio slide rule are missing

any idea where to find them???

any help will be great

thanks a lot

i have a very good technics amplifier but i'm thinking now the japanese people are def !!!??(/%&$/&

the beomaster 1200 sounds different.... a new experience for my ears

i found inside the receiver the original schematics in a envelope... and it's very good condition... i'm shure it's me the first person who see the schematics after they put it in the factory

ok guys

i'm listening

thanks again!!!

Filed under:
  • 02-16-2009 7:14 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

Re: beomaster 1200

Welcome to BeoworldSmile

I remember the first time I found the brown envelope, I was excited too. T o think that I was the first person to see this in 20 or 25 years was quite extraordinary. Be sure to replace it, won't you.

As for spare parts, difficult!  Canibalising a broken 1200 is the most likely source. There are members on here who may be able to help though.
    Try posting in the vintage section, or the wanted section.
    Did you know that the Beomaster 1200 could be wall mounted?

Andy T.

Poor me, never win owt!

• 03-29-2010 5:57 AM In reply to

I found one of these chucked out in the street in London W12.  It worked fine for a while but has since stopped.  And it needs some attention to the slider as the bottom edge has snapped off it's aluminium guider.  But everything appears present (little wheels).  Is there anyone out there wanting this for tender love and care - or if not able to restore it for me?  Preferably in London. Thanks.  Harvey

• 03-29-2010 7:30 AM In reply to

harveyjohn:

I found one of these chucked out in the street in London W12.  It worked fine for a while but has since stopped.  And it needs some attention to the slider as the bottom edge has snapped off it's aluminium guider.  But everything appears present (little wheels).  Is there anyone out there wanting this for tender love and care - or if not able to restore it for me?  Preferably in London. Thanks.  Harvey

Martin (Dillen) did a great job for me on my 1200 (cosmetically in good shape to start with, but needed new lights and re-capping etc.) He's got plenty of spares so can probably do a good job for you. Only downside is having to post it to him rather than just visiting a local repair shop (which does remove the transport risk.)

If the woodwork and aluminium top are in good shape with all numbering/ lettering present it's certainly worth restoring (but for personal use rather than hoping to make any money on the restored item.)

Graham

I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure. [W C Fields]

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)