in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 08-06-2011 5:11 AM by Simmy. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-01-2011 6:07 AM

• Simmy
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 07-23-2007
    • Posts 3
    • Bronze Member

BV 7 Problems - Flashing Standby Light

I own a BV 7 running on masterlink (BV 10, 1 and beosound 5) with a PS3, Humax freesat box and HDR1. We have been decorating so had the whole lot unplugged for a while.

Now it is all set up again I have started having problems. Firstly the DTV would not work, after a quick power off and on it worked but only on BBC 2 and could not be turned over. A power off for 15 mins and it rebooted and worked. At the time of the problem the standby red light was flashing.

Then last night the DVD refused to play and the standby light flashed again. A power off and on rectified this.

Can anyone shed any light on this?

Thanks

Mark

• 08-01-2011 7:51 AM In reply to

• stefan
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • 200 miles from Struer
    • Posts 1,733
    • Founder

Re: BV 7 Problems - Flashing Standby Light

If I understand correctly the whole system worked properly before decorating? 

As far as I know a flashing stdby light usually indicates that the BV tries to `communicate`with external devices, but it`s not working properly.

I would disconnect ALL masterlink devices - BV7 (40 - MK II?), BV10, BV1, BS5... for 5 - 10 minutes. Maybe it`s better to disconnect also the freesat box, HDR 1 and PS3. Especially HDR1 is also connected via scart that includes datalink...

Reconnect them one after the other with BV7 as videomaster being the last one. Don`t start up the system immediately, wait 30 - 60 seconds.

This helped in some cases with my (earlier) 7-40 MKII, when I changed the setup.

Good luck and welcome to Beoworld.

Stefan

• 08-02-2011 4:31 AM In reply to

• Simmy
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 07-23-2007
    • Posts 3
    • Bronze Member

Thanks Stefan.

I have been here a while lurking...

Is there a way of accessing the hidden menus to see if the internal computer is picking up an issue?

I will try a full reinstall as you suggest if the problem occurs again. 

• 08-02-2011 1:42 PM In reply to

• stefan
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • 200 miles from Struer
    • Posts 1,733
    • Founder

You will find SERVICE MENU pressing MENU - MENU - 0 - 0 - GO.

MONITOR - MONITOR INFORMATION. Here you will find an ERROR list. Maybe there are ML errors....(?)

MENU - MENU - go to OPTIONS - RED - GO. Here you have CUSTOMER SERVICE MENU.

BS3 based BV7 (MK III, IV, V...)

I don`t think it`s necessary to make a full reinstall. Just set your system to standby and disconnect all devices from mains as described before. You don`t have to unplug Masterlink.

Good luck.

Stefan

• 08-02-2011 2:10 PM In reply to

flashing red lights usually indicate service needed. or a power reset has happened. try to set the TV back to factory levels to see if it helps. I have saved a 7-55 with issues similar by updating software as well. 

BV7-40 MKIV, BeoVision Avant 32, BeoVision 8-32, BeoLab Penta MKIII, BeoLab 6000 x 3, BeoSound 9000 MKIII, BeoLab 7-4, BeoSound 4000, BeoPort, BeoVox S45-2, ML/MCL Convertors, A8's & Form 2's. 

• 08-06-2011 5:11 AM In reply to

• Simmy
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 07-23-2007
    • Posts 3
    • Bronze Member

Hi

I did this and found a series of errors that started TV such as TV 0806 84-1. Any ideas?

Thank you for everyones help.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)