in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 04-10-2010 6:25 PM by Peter. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-10-2010 5:58 PM

Huh? [:^)] Lots of questions about Beovision 10

Hi all,

I am currently considering to buy a Beovision 10-40 as a replacement for my 12-years-old Avant 28 - I love that TV set, but now that I can get free HD TV from my cable provider, and would like to get an Apple TV, it's finally reaching its limits...

I've read somewhere that the motorized stand for the BeoVision 10 is actually the same one as for the Beo 6-26 - is this correct? If yes: Is it the table stand or the floor stand of the Beo 6 that is compatible with the Beo 10? I guess it can only be the floor stand, right?

I am also wondering whether the antireflex screen is worth the extra money - any thoughts?

And last but not least, the optional DVB-HD decoder is also pretty expensive - should I better get an external HD decoder with a builtin hard drive? The Technisat HD K2 looks promising - it has a builtin twin HD tuner, and a 160 GB hard drive. Can this be easily controlled through a Beo 4 remote control?

Thanks

Christof

• 04-10-2010 6:25 PM In reply to

Re: Lots of questions about Beovision 10

It is the floor stand - there is only about 3 cms between the floor and the bottom of the TV with this fitted. The mount is different so you need the BV10 stand. 

The anti-reflex is essential and standard in the UK. The DVB-T is standard in the UK - The HD version does seem rather expensive - I used SkyHD with mine and it was excellent - you will need to check the Technisat is covered in the PUC, but I would be surprised if is not. Sky integrates brilliantly - I don't know about the Technisat. 

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)